1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry firing a Dynokic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by jfesi, Dec 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfesi

jfesi Member

I do dry firing exercises with my 3200 in the off season, with snap caps installed. Does anyone know if it is alright to dry fire, with a snap cap, a Ljutic Dynokic since it has the firing system is different then other guns?

Thanks for the input.

Joe

2. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

If it's the original it is fine. The newer Dynokics had a different spring, firing pin set up and you probably should use a snap cap on those. glenn

3. A201

A201 TS Member

It's OK,but be prepared to replace the firing pin just about every time you do it without a snap cap. Roger

4. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

I would not dry fire a Dynokic. That gun has a Thrust hammer - just like the Space Gun. If you take off the stock, you will see a metal cylinder. Inside this cylinder is a 40 lb spring. In front of that spring is a hammer/firing pin. This weighs at least a pound. So when you fire the gun, a one pound weight is now driven forward by a 40 pound spring. This mass is going to smash against the inside of the reciever face. This is like taking a hammer to your gun.

Your snap cap is no match for this system, snap cap is only good for dropping the hammer after shooting, not for pounding away with dry fire practce sessions.

5. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

PS - I will just add that I own one of these guns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.