1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry firing a Dynakik. Is it ok?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gyrine, Nov 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Is it ok for me to dry fire my Ljutic Dynakick using a snap cap?

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Hey Rich, where ya been pal

3. Martinpicker

Martinpicker Active Member

I don't own a Ljutic,(to my great sadness,) but I overheard a conversation between a friend who does and two different gunsmiths at the Missouri Trap Association grounds in Linn Creek, MO during one of their big shoots. Both gunsmiths said it was ok to dry fire a Ljutic if you were using a good high quality snap cap, but to NEVER dry fire one without a snap cap! Martinpicker

4. gyrine

gyrine TS Member

Gary, You have confirmed my suspicions about the Dynakik and dry firing. Keep it to a minimum. Thanks, Rich

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

You never dry fire any Ljutic. It will bend the hammer pin. The pin is holo-krome, 1"x.125. These should and can be replaced about every 2 to 3 thousand rds. or before if you prefer. You should lubricate these pins when installed and should remove them from time to time , clean and lubricate. If you see excessive wear, remove and replace. Roy

6. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Replace evey 2-3K rounds, I don't think so.... For some that would be replacing every 2 months...

7. ramorton

I'm talking about a Mono gun. It is suggested by Jimmy Ljutic to perform this maintenance if you choose to. You do not have to do this. He only suggest this if you feel your lock time has decreased. It is a choice, not mandatory. Re-lubing the pin will increase life of the pin. Roy

8. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

I have a 1997 Dynokic and a 1969 Mono Gun, both shoot flawlessly. They are some of the finest trapguns made. IMHO they might be the best SBT guns ever made.

9. ramorton

I,m on my 5th or 6th, can't remember. Never had a problem other than one broken firing pin, I repaired myself. I do all my own repairs and maintenance. great gun and probably the best single barrel produced today or in the past. Do not lose your cocking rod retainer pin. It's a good idea to have a couple back-ups in case it falls out while performing maintenance. They can be hard to find.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.