1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry-Fire System

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Nov 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

Has anybody used this computer shooting program,??? if so what are your thoughts on it as a way of improving singles & handicap,???

also I live in the Dallas TX area,....... where would I be able to get one,???

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Lots of info here, over the years. Do a search.

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

MY wife shoots on average 300 tgts daily using Dry Fire. She has gome from D to C and just earned a yard punch at the Fl Fall Championship with a 96. She also tied for 1st in Lady in HDCP championship. It is a very good training tool. Go to DryFireUSA.com. When you talk to Bob tell him Jake and Sarah sent you. Jake

4. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I also am interested if its not a "glorified video game" I have done a search and get lots of this guy sells them etc.

I have a question for the guys that use them and be HONEST.

If you are a 88-92 shooter in real life does the dry fire reflect that? or are you shooting 98-99 on the video game verison? So are your scores accurate to reality?

5. 5shot

5shot TS Member

I've had one for years. It is a very good tool and is good for practice if you can'get to a range. It's particularily good for doubles where it can help you gain speed on the first bird. It's really good for a beginning shooter.
    It is not a "video game" you use your actual gun to swing and pull the trigger as you would at an actual bird. Then it shows where your shot would have gone on the computer screen
    Hope this helps.
    Bill C.

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

You can make dry fire easy or difficult by changing the parameters. Being this is a simulator there can be differences, with that said it IS an effective training tool that will help increase your scores. Also there is no recoil, when you go to the range the first couple of shots are eye openers so to speak. But as with any training devise it is designed to assist you in helping you find your weakness. Example you can see exactaly where you shot is in relation to the target. The one area we have not seemed to get the correct formula is doubles. Sarah has been doing well on dry fire but has been unable, with regularity, to see the same results at the range. Her game is improving and we are sure we will get the nitch. Jake

7. gary0920

gary0920 Member

Can you use an inertial trigger gun for doubles on it? I saw this system demo'd at the Flordia state shoot back in the spring and was impressed.

P.S. Way to go Sarah for the 96 and punch. It was windy as hell on Friday.

8. RMR

RMR Member

RHAT
    Contact Bob Ridge
    972-298-9902 He lives in Duncanville Tx. He is one of the dealers in the US. He also has it set up at his house and I believe you can go there and see how it looks - I think I will be going there sometime in the next several weeks to look the system over.

I have talked to him several times in the past several weeks- we are thinking of getting one for our 11yr old daughter- from Santa (I think this will be a great training tool for a kid to see when she misses where her shot pattern/string went as compared to where she aimed).

When I talked to Bob he was very knowledgable about the system and had a lot of great ideas on how I could use it to help my 11 year old improve and have less hot-then-cold days on the trap field.

Give him a call

RMR

9. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I've been toying with buying one of these systems. My question is does it track the barrel movement from the time you call 'Pull" to when you pull the trigger? Many shooters have erratic movement to the bird or moving the gun prior to seeing it. Dave T.

10. himark

himark Well-Known Member

I have yet to see my answer on this question..........

DOES it have similar results to actual shooting scores????? Surely there are guys using them here that have read this and are just afraid to answer. My suspicion is your scores are quit higher with this game than they are in the real world. If that is the case it will NOT help the shooters that already are shooting in the higher range. BUT it would be quit helpful to the new shooter that is lost.

11. Mojo

Mojo Member

You have to pattern your gun before using Dryfire so you can set it to your guns' POI. Balance both live and laser targets to 40/60 or 30/70. You can
    shoot 16's, any handicap yardage and doubles. Practice all day from stations
    1 and 5 if you want. Change from 1 oz. to 1 1/8 at any velocity you like. You
    can even answer the age old question, 7 1/2's or 8's.

I love mine still after over a year.

12. ffwildcat

ffwildcat TS Member

Can you use an inertial trigger gun for doubles on it? I saw this system demo'd at the Flordia state shoot back in the spring and was impressed

YES

You do not pull the trigger on the gun - a button sits on the trigger and you hit the button, twice for doubles or games where two shots are required (ie bunker)

Another unseen benefit to DryFire is the additional feedback you get about the time and distance you fired the 1st shot and 2nd shot - this is especially important in games likes doubles and bunker where fast target acquisition helps your game.

13. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

YES, I thought I answered the score question. Jake

14. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

IT's no game. It's a simulator, and a very good one if you set it up properly. Anyone that thinks it's a silly game should realize we train our soldiers and pilots with simulators. It's no F18 simulator,,,,,,but it's the best thing available for clay target sports.

It's about the only thing I know that can humble me.....LOL

15. shot410ga

himark: You can make the system fit your needs. You can make it just like the targets at your club including the wind. You can make the system as hard or as easy as you like. But, like any training aid if you don't put the effort into the training, it won't do much good. I've found, make the training a little harder than the real world and train on a 60/40 basis. If not you'll forget recoil.

16. Squeal

Squeal Member

How much does the system cost?

17. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Ok,

The only way I will find out the answer is if someone has one of these in my local area I suppose...(other than buying one) I would like to see one in action. Is there anyone in the Omaha/Lincoln area using one that would be willing to show it?

18. shot410ga

I'm not using my system to much anymore. So, if anyone is interested I'll sell the whole setup, which includes: the base unit, both trigger systems, the wall picture/trap box, and most of all, a laptop IBM computer set up to work with the unit. All one will have to do is plug in the computer and Dryfire unit, put up the wall chart, and they are ready to go. instructions included. $1000.00--------------One hell-of-a-deal..... I will pay the shipping...........Even a better deal.

19. MtnGun

MtnGun Member

shot410, you have a PM.

20. shot410ga

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dryfire shooting system