1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry Fire System???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Capt.Ron/FL, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

Has anyone owned and used the Dry Fire units?? Pro's and Con's?? How much did the system really improve your scores??? Trying to decide if it would be worth investing in or spend the money on a clinic and shells.

Has anyone got one they would like to sell??

Merry Xmas to all....

Ron H.

2. rooferbob

rooferbob Active Member

Save your money and buy Terry Jordans wall chart system.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I've had two (first and second generation units),and they work. However, you must shoot along with the using system, or you forget there is recoil. It will make you fast as lighting. I used mine once to go from pull to release triggers. And the change over went as sweet as pie. Very quick learning curve. You can make the system work slow or fast to suit your abilities. Worked for me.

4. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

I have looked very hard at Terry's wall chart, even downloaded the manual and read about 3 times. I just feel that I need feedback on my practice. I am not sure how Terry's does that. I would much rather spend the lesser amount, that's for sure...

Many Thanks,

Ron H.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have had a 12' Jordan chart and now have a 8' chart. It's apples and oranges between the Computer system and the wall chart. If you have the bucks buy the Dry Fire Computer system. It's interactive and frankly not boring to use like the wall chart. You will probably use the DryFire a lot more than the chart, and of course, you can sell it and recoup some of the up-front cost. I did. How are the glasses?

6. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

The glasses are great!! If you run across someone with a Dry Fire system for sale please let me know! I would use 3-4 times a week and then shoot on the weekends..

Merry Xmas, Ron H.

7. just_bob

just_bob Member

I use the Laserpro with Terry's chart.

I swing to the target and when I pull the

trigger the laser dot gives feedback.

It's not a moving target but a good cost compromise.

8. Capt.Ron/FL

Capt.Ron/FL Member

Great Idea...I think there is a laser pro on ebay now...

Thanks,

Ron H.

9. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Ron, senyt you a PM, Jake

10. RRA

RRA TS Member

I bought a Dryfire system about a year and a half ago. It helped me point and shoot more accurately by working on my timing. I also really struggled learning to shoot a release trigger, until using the Dryfire. It does provide excellent feedback on where you are shooting in relation to the target.

I used it quit often for awhile, but ended up selling it. Would I buy it again? Probably not. For as much and often as I shoot (only 100 boxes a year), I felt I would just sell it and shoot targets at the club with money I sold it for.

Rod

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.