1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry Fire system. Is this a toy or real helper?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ansvel, Apr 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ansvel

ansvel Member

Gents,
    I've heard the story about a man, who was practicing all winter in a basement and could not miss any targets in DryFire, but he could not break any target
    in real game.
    I think this situation is possible because no recoil and it’s a very important part in shooting.

What do think?

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Bullshittttt......... They work great. They are the best training device ever sold for the shotgun sports, including trap shooting. Saying that, I must also add, you must use them in conjunction with live shooting to really make the system effective. I would say 50/50 or the recoil will come into play.

3. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

Definitely a great training system. I too believe you need to mix real and DRYFIRE practice. We have had our system 3 months and would not be without it now. Lets you see where you are shooting so you can learn the proper leads. Check into it, and look at all the SCTP kids that use it and skyrocket their averages. It is pricey but with the price of shells and gas today it will pay for itself quickly. Just my opinion though, others may disagree.

Jimmy

4. ansvel

ansvel Member

more info please...

5. ansvel

ansvel Member

2 pullll

Who is Terry Jordons? Never heard about him and his system.
    Can you plz explain?

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

http://learntrapshooting.com/ What stubs said. It will really smooth out your move to the bird. Get the 10-footer.

7. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

There is some confusion with the dry fire computer having the same name as my Wall chart dry firing system. In the last year or two at the Grand the Dry Fire Computer person was telling customers that I took their name. Dry firing is an action like pointing at pictures on the wall while doing gun lifts at home.

I advertised the first Wall Chart Dry Firing System with 5 targets on it in the early 80's in Trap & Field Magazine. The Wall Chart has been in use long before homes had any computers.

Terry.

8. Two Dogs

Two Dogs Well-Known Member

When i first started to shoot trap in 1983 Terry took me under his wing.

He told me about this painting on his basement wall that would really help me smooth out my swing, and low and behold there was a painting of a trap field, ( to scale) from the Grand.

Terry's Wall Chart is the real deal if you want to practice at home.
    I beleave his wall chart to be the only product to be endorsed by a lot of the big guns in todays game.

9. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I have both the Jordan chart and the DryFire computer system. As a mater of fact, the computer system throws lazer targets on my Jordon chart. The two are apples and oranges. Low tech vs high tech. They both work, but the computer system is so far advanced, there should not be any comparison.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.