1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry Fire Simulators?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ultra Man, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultra Man

Ultra Man Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Was considering some type of cold weather trap practice when I came across Dry Fire's add and checked out the web sight. It was impressive, but seemed possibly a little complex to calibrate. I was wanting imput from someone that had one or had used one for their opinion. Does it give accurate simulation, and practice you can benifit from? Thanks!
  2. RMR

RMR Member

Oct 8, 2008
    I got one for my daughter for christmas. Its really not that hard to set up. Just print off the instructions. It will take 45-60 minutes to enter data like distance simulator to wall, its height, your eye height, a few things about your gun...... Really not all that bad.

It has helped my daughter a lot and I occasionally use it- I do think it helps me also. I suspect the newer you are to the sport the more benificial it will be. Guys that live in northern states that dont like to get out in the cold and shoot- it will probably also be a good way to stay honned prior to spring. I suspect like any animated system it wont be 100% like shooting the real thing- but as close a second as you can have.

We enjoy ours and Im glad I got it- was primarilty to help my daughters get proficient shooting

3. scotton

scotton TS Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Bob Ridge, the US distributor, shoots on my trap league team. I would give him a call. He'll shoot straight with you and he loves to talk trap. I believe his number is on the dryfire US site. I have one and wish I had more time to use it. I usually shoot better after having practiced on it a little. I don't care for the skeet targets it throws, but for ATA and bunker, it's great.

4. Chipmaker

Chipmaker Active Member

Apr 7, 2009
    I have the dual camera unit and the 18ft wall mural. This is with out a doubt the single most helpfull thing I have purcahsed to help my trap shooting. You can stand out at the range and shoot 100's of shells and never know for CERTAIN why you missed! Bob's system will tell you every shot why you missed or hit and how close to perfect you were to the target. I have mine tuned in and my Caesar Summit shoots on the DryFire exactly as it does on the range! I usally shoot two or three rounds before heading to the range to shoot games on mine and it's really been helping. Besides that Bob's got a no questions asked money back warranty but I'll bet you dont send it back!!

Tell Bob that Terry Dines sent ya!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dry fire trap shooting simulator

dryfire shooting simulator wall mural

trap shooting video dry fire