1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry Fire Simulator

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by JimmyP, Oct 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyP

JimmyP TS Member

RJG, I have a DRYFIRE unit and love it. Has saved me a ton of money in doubles practice alone. It is a serious training method and not a toy. Be advised that it takes some effort to find out where your gun shoots to set it up correctly. if you would like to talk about it send me an e-mail with your contact info and we can go from there.

Jimmy

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

It works great. There are a number of threads about this product, and lots of info on their website. I've used one for severial years. You need a powerful computer (laptop, added cost) to make it work right.

3. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

How is the computer support? How fast of machine do you need to support the software? Does it switch easily from gun to gun? I have contacted the importer here in the states and it is better to phone him since most of my email got trapped in his spam blocker.

4. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

I ran mine on an old PII-200 laptop with 128K I bought off ebay for $60. You can set up different guns, different people, different loads. You can have "John, Seitz, 7.5 handicap" for one profile, and "John, K80, 1oz 16yd" for another, and on and on. You just pull down and select which ever you want.

The biggest problem is the space to put it. You basically need at least a 10'x10' empty room to put it in. Bigger would be better.

Like mentioned before, you need to take the time to set it up correctly. Garbage in, garbage out. It's not difficult, but you need to do it right.

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Don't expect to much help from the importer. Nice guy, but not a tech. There really are few problems. I found I needed a laptop (space) that is set up for only the DriFire system. I have nothing else on the computer. It is used exclusively for Drifire. It's an IBM smart Book, running windows 2000 pro. I bought it used off the internet for $299 a couple of years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.