1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

dry fire simulator

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by icgeese61, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icgeese61

icgeese61 TS Member

anyone have or used the dry fire simulator systemfor trap or skeet? Have some young shooters coming up. and am interested in using this system. Any thoughts aprreciated
    Thanks. ED

2. Just-A-Shooter

Just-A-Shooter Member

I purchased a unit at the Grand this year. I just received it last Friday. Computer installation and set up was easy. I have only used it a couple of times since I got it. I do think that it will preform as advertised. One word of caution is that you must pay attention to detail when setting up shooters. Take the time to pattern your gun and take careful measurements. With the right information the system does throw a realistic target.

3. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

There are many threads on this device. Do a search.

4. icgeese61

icgeese61 TS Member

did the search before I asked the question. Most of the post were last year. Doesn' Hurt to measure twice, and cut once, if you catch my drift.

5. shot410ga

They are the same today as last year.

6. releasebob

releasebob Member

shot410ga you obviously don't use much technology last years computer has been obsolete for 6 months.BOB

7. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

We have a double head unit that has been in use for a full year now. Works well and scorces have gone up. Kids love it in the winter and as a group. If you do the math it does not take long to make up for shells and fees. Still you have to use it and most kids what to hear a big bang.

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

We have the double head unit and squad pack with the large picture. Wife uses it all the time. She is hell bent on beating me. She is getting closer all the time. I will have to start using it myself. It is an extremely effective training tool. The support from Bob when needed is second to none. Now if we could just add recoil. Jake

9. clayman51

clayman51 Member

We will be going into the third year for use of the unit. As mentioned above, take the time to follow all the instructions in setting the unit up and setting a shooter up in the program. Very good tool to get first time shooters headed in the right direction. Works well as a refresher too!!

Lot of updates on the web page for the unit as well.

Dennis

10. captkid

captkid TS Member

Received our two headed unit at Silver Dollar. The wife started doubles and started to beat me so, I disconnected the unit. It's great.
    Jim

11. shot410ga

releasebob: These systems have been around for many years. I've had both system 2 and system 3 the newest type. And I have commented on them and their use many times on this site. But, you know better, right BOZO?

12. icgeese61

icgeese61 TS Member

Thanks for all the post, including shot410. I will say, he is very colorful. Shot410- have a great day!

13. kfbagt

kfbagt Member

good luck with your new system, BOZO! lmao... please report back and let some of us guys know how it works. It's funny that you got called the bozo when it was a different poster fussing with the guy!

who says trapshooters aren't friendly?? hehehe

Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.