1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

dry fire firm ware updates

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by poppat, Oct 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poppat

poppat Member

May 29, 2012
    downloaded software and got message needed firmware update anyone know about this
  2. lel4866

lel4866 Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Did you download the software from dryfireus.com or dryfire.com

As far as I can tell, the only software available from dryfire.com is the V3 software, highly modified by Bob Ridge, the US Dealer. It's what comes standard.

OTOH, the software available from dryfire.com - the UK software - is version 4. In order to install V4, it will ask you to update the firmware. It will also point out that once you do this, you won't be able to run V3, including Bob's "USA Friendly" V3.

After reviewing the V4 software, I have to say I like it much better, even though it lacks a couple of important features that are in Bob's latest USA Friendly V3 software (namely, the ability to specify the max time or distance allowed before a bird is lost - very valuable IMHO). That feature is only available in the UK software Exercises module - costs 156 pounds.

However, after talking to Bob and the folks in the UK, they said that Bob would be going to the V4 software some time in November.

Here's what I did: I installed V4...just can't stand the old Windows XP look. When it asked if I wanted to update the firmware, I held my breath and said yes. Everything's working fine now...sigh of relief.

I'm hoping that the UK Exercises module will eventually be available from Bob, since I already bought Bob's Training for Two software, and it only works with the USA Friendly V3. Otherwise I'm out 156 pounds.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.