1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dry Fire computer system

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blkcloud, Feb 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

Would like to hear comments on the dry fire system for trap and skeet training.. Its the one that you stick something in your barrel and shoot at images going across the wall.. thanks!

2. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

The article in TrapShooting USA was about the LaserFire system, which is pretty much a useless gadget. My 2 cents. The Dryfire is quite sophisticated and works as advertized.

3. Beni

Beni Member

How about Terry Jordans wall chart,ive been hearing great things about his system beni

4. smokeater6844

smokeater6844 Member

Blkcloud

I have one of the dryfire systems for my sons and I to train on. It's not a toy and will let you know where your shot string went in comparison to the bird. It is a good tool for training young shooters as they can see where they are shooting and get used to swinging through the target. In about a half an hour you can shoot 4 rounds of trap in your basement,garage or spare room. We painted 1 wall in an unused bedroom to match a picture we took at Jaqua's. The only thing missing is the recoil and the awesome smell of burnt powderd.

Brian "Robbie's Dad"

5. PAR8HED

PAR8HED Member

I'm taking a hard look at that system as well. Is anyone using it for bunker?

Hal Hitchcock

6. John Browning

John Browning TS Member

When I first started shooting in 2004, I could not find a place to practice. I shot games and such, but wanted to shoot ATA, so I bought a Dryfire and practiced in the basement. I still use it in the winter and it is great fun shooting doubles. I feel if nothing else, I am mounting my gun a lot and seem to be ready when the season starts. John 8703697

7. rrrocketman

rrrocketman Member

I bought the single head version about two years ago and will say it works great! Sadly, I'm not home enough to get to use it so if anyone is interested I'd sell mine for say $765 shipped in the CONUS.

Thanks!

Rich

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

First I had the system 2, now I have the system 3, the latest design. As far as I'm concerned the device is the greatest training tool ever devised for trap shooting. You want to shoot 50K or a 100K birds in a year for a little electricity, it's the way to go. You can make it as hard or as easy as you want. You want wind from any direction, a piece of cake. You want low targets or high targets, no problem. You want bunker, skeet, sporting clays, or maybe design your own layout, it's there with a few strokes of the mouse. What else can I say....Spend the money, you won't be sorry, unless you think it's a toy, which is is not.

9. kolar1983

kolar1983 TS Member

I am a Dryfire Dealer in NW Indiana and would be happy to answer any questions or Demonstrate the Dryfire Unit to anyone that is in the area. I live about 25 miles south of downtown Chicago.

It is a great training device and I have had many happy customers currently using the simulator.

Mike

10. Bear1100

Bear1100 TS Member

Here's the show and tell. Nice video showing how it works.

-Bear

11. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Is there a setup for release trigger? seems like it could be done with a different type of switch for the trigger.

Bob

12. GoDawgs

GoDawgs Member

Yes, there is a setup for release trigger.

13. dalewin8

dalewin8 TS Member

rrrocketman check your P.M.

14. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

You can switch back and forth from release trigger to pull trigger in about a minute.

15. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

If you have mechanical triggers, you can even shoot release/pull at doubles.

Tomas

16. kolarshooter

kolarshooter Member

I have the Dry-Fire system, It's great when I use it.

I was at the 2004 SHOT SHOW their was a Marksman system from sweeden I think,
    Their system was only $40,000 or so but it was great. In talking to the salesman they had never herd of the ATA. Gave them my copy of trap& field.
    Never heard of anything about them.

Tom

17. Operator

Operator TS Member

I am selling my dryfire system complete.
    Dual heads/back drop canvas/ like new
    $1000 and I will ship it to you.

Kids dont use it anymore

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.