1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DRXXL Orange?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dark Horse, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

Yes, it has been done with both Gun Club and AA Hulls.

With the AA hulls, the XXL orange wad would not go down into the base wad where a wad made for tapered hulls fit. Had to crush both sections of the cushion in order to get crimp to hold 7/8 oz of shot. It didn’t seat down on top of the powder at all. I would never try to shoot those shells in my gun.

With the Gun Club hulls, again we had to distort both sections but it did seat better on top the powder than with the AA hulls. It did give the Gun Club hulls a visible bulge where the wad contacted the inside of the Remington case. I would never try to shoot those shells in my gun either!

Conclusion..... A reloader can force these wads into the case that it was never designed for. It will not work well and I would never shoot those shells that we tried to load. I tore the shells apart and salvaged what I could. Don’t waste your time and just buy the XXL pink wad that is design for the tapered hulls.

Mark

2. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Ajax, I load them all the time in the Win AA HS hulls with zero problems, as long as I only use 7/8 oz of shot. I don't like them for any other application. I have about 3000 of them left and when they are gone I will buy another brand. BRGII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.