1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DRXL1 WADS PROS & CONS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JIM SIMS, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

I presently use Claybuster cb 1 oz pink in old style AA hulls and am considering changing to the Down Range XL1 as Ive heard they leave less plastic fowling,looking for your experiences pro & con.
    Thanks
    Jim

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

DRs are my favorite 1 oz wad. I don't throw CBs away though......breakemall

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Pro: Good wad, reasonable cost, load easy through my loader.

Con: Can't think of any

4. az outlaw

az outlaw Member

They are great wads I use them in the STS and Gun club hulls and they crimp really well and very little residue left over I also use the DRxl 1 1/8 for the ounce and an eighth load. Downrange makes a very good product for the money.

Mark

5. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

Its the only 1 oz wad I use anymore. I can't get them thru my clubs supplier so I have to order online and pay the shipping. For me, it worth it.

The only downside I know of is that in SOME load combinations it can be slightly too short, with minor dishing. Can usually be corrected by using almost no wad pressure (which you should be doing anyway).

6. 4th. down

4th. down Active Member

DR XL-1 neon green, one of the best, if not the best, middle to long-range wads IMHO. Crimps best in Rem. hulls. and can also use it for 1 1/8 oz. loads.

7. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

If you use Remington hulls, they are great. Not so good with AA hulls. For the AA hulls, use DRA-12.

The DR wads don't leave plastic in my barrels. All others do.

8. mwm86

mwm86 Member

I'm with Rastoff, DRA12 in AA hulls works great little to know fowling and I've shot several cases with no problems.

9. wlc

wlc Member

I've used both CB and DR wads and like them both. I've seen no difference in plastic residue. If you use them in AAHS hulls the CB work better for me. The XL-1 can be a little short with some combinations in Remington hulls.

10. maka

maka Member

What can you not find good about DR- Wads? GReat powder seal, wonderful patterns, and no residue in barrel!! DAH !!!!

11. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

Many thanks to all that commented,
    I'll try some.
    Thanks
    Jim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

downrange drxl1