1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dropping Quarter Left ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fraz, Jun 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

When I am at a shoot one of my many short comings is dropping the quarter left from station 2 or 4, if there are two in a row I'll might miss both until I re-set
    Seldom miss it in practice. I believe the cause is part of my set up that I may have to be very aware of, but what part; It sure does cost me.
    Fhanks Fraz

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Probably seeing it as a straightaway and not getting in front of it. In singles the tendency is to shoot quickly. Slow down so you can get a good feel for the target direction. It's not going to get away from you.

3. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

Thanks for the info thus far - the Quarter left never appears to be a straight a way, but it often surprises me thus a hurried shot, I shoot right handed, 2 eye, & try to be fussy about my foot position, gun hold at the house about 12 " high and 16 inches in station 2 and 12" in on station 4.
    Thanks

4. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

When you miss that target does every thing look good and you thought you should have hit it? If that's the case you might be cross firing, the target is to the left and your left eye might be picking it up and aiming at it. HMB

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

What I have been doing to correct that problem is get one box and shoot it all on that station. If you have a second station that is giving you problems again shot a whole box on it. Before you leave the field shoot a full normal round. I will do about 4 to 6 boxes when I go to practice. If I start to get to tired I will stop and rest and or leave for the day. Do not shoot when your to tired. It will just get under your skin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.