1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Drop Zone Lead Reclamation

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdognorth, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdognorth

birdognorth TS Member

To reclaim the lead from our grounds, does the ground have to be tilled or churned or can the lead just be "vacuumed" or swept up? We are basically shooting into woods.
    BD

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I would stop talking about it..

3. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

I talked to a professional in the business a few weeks ago and he told me that he doesn't do woods or brush or anything that can't be cut easily with a mower, just too labor intensive. He also said that some types of ground cause the lead to corrode so quickly that it isn't worth reclaiming even when it's easy to get to.

4. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

The publication above, "Best Management Practices for Lead at Outdoor Shooting Ranges", has a lot of useful info.

5. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Reclaiming shot has very little to do with bringing the soil contamination back to EPA levels

If the area is going to be cleared for residential it has to be very very low- like under 400 parts per million --

that usually means trucking the soil somewhere

or worse

Gene

6. birdognorth

birdognorth TS Member

We would either sell it or re-use it if it made economic sense. 40 years of lead laying around.

7. alfermann66

alfermann66 Member

In my limited experience, you probably don't have 40 years of lead lying around, you have maybe 5 years of lead and 35 years of lead oxide.

Buz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.