1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T "DROP OUT"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by flyfish, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flyfish

flyfish Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON

I broke a spring on my P-gun trigger and replaced the entire trigger with a back-up trigger. I hadn't used that trigger before and it appears to be a slightly tighter fit than the original trigger. Now, my drop out trigger doesn't want to "drop out". I don't want to damage the trigger guard trying to force it out. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

remove the buttstock.

3. citadel

citadel Active Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

Had the same problem and there is no easy way except to just push the release all the way forward (sometings I use a piece of soft wood to do this so I do not damage the metal)and then pull down like mad on the back end of the trigger guard and keep pulling until it comes out. Once I put a little WD-40 around the joint between the trigger and the action frame and that seemed to help.
    Doug

4. lonebull

lonebull Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

Remove the buttstock and you will be able to put more pressure directly on the linkage (button) that holds the trigger unit in place. Each trigger group should be fitted to your reciever by a competent gunsmith. Ron C

5. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

You can use a small nylon rope with a "t" handle to help pull trigger out....

6. doberman37

doberman37 Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

Tie a small rope or heavy nylon string onto the trigger guard and put the other end in a bench vice. hold the guns forearm with your left hand and the pistle grip with your wright hand and push the release lever with your thumb and give a light tug and it should come out. If it don't come out the first pull try it again and tug a little harder. I have taken several out this way. Good luck

7. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

I have that problem with my nickel recvr. Most triggers are too tight. I do as doberman does, but I put the loop of rope under my foot. Adn jerk the gun up while pushing the button fwd.

8. Baber

Baber TS Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

you can also knock it out with a hammer and drift punch direct to the frame of the trigger once you have removed the stock.

T

9. drgondog

drgondog Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

The two best advice suggestions above - 1.) remove stock and look at the way the top safety/trigger drop is functioning, 2.) 99% of the time it isn't quite moving forward enough to cause the linkage button to retreat enough to disengage the buttom from the back of the trigger group.

10. monroesc

monroesc Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

I have found that if the stock bolt is tightened the trigger is much more difficult to drop out. I would try that first.

11. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

A 2nd person to help isn't a bad idea either. One to pull the trigger down and the other to slide the release forward and hold onto the forend.

12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

Take a piece of cloth like an old handerchief ot tee shirt and loop it through the rear of the trigger guard, behind the trigger if possible. Have enough material so you can get a good grip on it. Push the release button and give a good snap pull on the material. You may feel more comfortable having a friend hold the gun and push the button while you snap pull the material. Make sure you have enough space around you so when the trigger pops out it doesn't hit someone or something and not to short where comes around and raps your knuckles. This works on the most difficult trigger removal. Most Perazzi smiths know about this technique

Surfer

13. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

Very good advise you got there.

To answer your other question about trigger guard, it was held in place by heavy thread at front and a cross pin in the back, when the trigger guard is in the housing, it's very study. No worries.

To fit the trigger group to your receiver if it's too tight, you'll need to file the front vertical lips of the housing. Do it carefully, very little at a time.

14. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

Be sure the trigger group does not hit the floor, caution

You might put a little grease under the safety button spring after you get the trigger out and work it back and forth to get the grease in the proper places, and moves freerer.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

15. SCO/C

SCO/C Active Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

If your old trigger moves in and out fine, most likely it will need fitting with the new trigger. The challenging part of filing the front lips is to keep them square.

16. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

The rope technique above is a good one.

Removing the stock is a define advantage.

I've also used a penetration oil around trigger group and worked the trigger guard back n forth while applying study pressure.

If all else fails, us rednecks have a deer skinning technique using a pickup that you might consider. It may work.

17. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

Ball peen hammer.....LOL

18. flyfish

flyfish Member

DROP OUT TRIGGER WON'T

We (two of us) tried the "rope trick". Sounded like a good idea but we couldn't get it to budge. I took the trigger to my gunsmith. He removed the stock and tapped out the trigger without dinging it. He then buffed both ends, being sure not to take off too much. Works great. Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how do you remove a the trigger unit on a perazzi mx8

what is a drop out trigger system