1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Drop my 1st 500 lbs of shot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Roc'n C, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Finally got my Black Max going this past weekend, and will this thing turn out the shot, I'm still working on the screening and washing process, when it is done I post pictures of it.
    Chuck

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I had visions of you dropping it, rolling across your kitchen floor, down the stairs and out the door, 5 minutes before the wife came home.......

THAT i would liked to have had pictures of!!...

LOL

JC
    Michigan

3. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

What is the difference in the Standard and Black Max? My unit will run double drippers but I have to pre-heat ingots in a skillet on a hot plate to keep up with the drippers. Looks like I need a little more heat under the unit. Single drippers work just fine.

I have the standard and have just put the lid on a 55 gal drum of shot. I have about another drum to go. I am going to make up everything and then wash, dry and graphite everything and be done with it all at once.

I have the grading process built much like that on an earlier post with a five gal bucket with screens mounted in the front of a cement mixer. If all goes well I will wash and grade at the same time. I am not too sure about how I am going to tackle the drying process yet but my little pea brain is on the project. Any ideas appreciated.

Kinda Fun Isn't It

4. JWS

JWS Member

Jim Porter,
    The difference between the Standard and Black Max machine is the Black Max has ceramic insulation and a hotter heating element. You really don't have to preheat your ingots to keep up with the standard machine production with double drippers. You just have to be diligent in watching your lead level and adding 1 ingot at appropriate time instead of feeding 2 ingot at a time. Remember that putting to much lead in ladle can cool down the process till enough lead has passed through the drippers properly.
    I have forgotten what size double drippers you purchased Jim. The Standard Machine was not designed to run Double # 7 1/2 drippers, but it will run Double Drippers #8 and #9 well. You can't have any draft on the machine and you need good lead (car wheel weights). The next time you are near my shop stop in.
    James Stewart

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.