1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Drop,cast, cant LOP..but no recoil device needed

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by StansCustoms, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

There have been a couple of threads about pad adjusters lately...but rather than hijack one I thought it better to do a new thread.

Most questions have been answered on the other threads...but not all.

I need a pad adjuster that will do "everything" for my 28 gauge XS Skeet 30", EXCEPT reduce recoil. It doesn't kick and I just don't think the extra cost and weight is a consideration.

Most pad adjusters dont have a LOP adjustment unless it comes with a recoil device...unless I have just overlooked it...?

Is there such a thing?.. a "good" pad adjuster that will adjust the cant, cast, drop and LOP ...without a recoil device.

... a longer than average drop adjustrment would be very helpful too.

Thanks...Stan

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Just attach an adjustable butt pad(Jones Adjustable) to a length of pull adjustable butt assembly. HMB

3. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I have one on a match rifle that is like you say, with no recoil absorber. I cannot remember the brand, but I got it from Champions SHooter Supply in LaVergne Tennessee. They have a web site.

4. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

From CRV Custom Arms:

tanda1_2009_300736.jpg

5. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Adjustable LOP Pad Plates at Rod's Custom Stocks

With the LOPadjustment system the position of the recoil pad can be adjusted to fit the shooter for consistent gun placement.

Incorporated in to the LOP is the additional feature for the shooter to adjust the stocks LengthOf Pull.

R.A.D. Adjustable "LOP" Pad Plates installed with Kick Eez Pad is $250.00

* Shipping and Handling is Extra ......

6. jhoward

jhoward Member

Try the above link.

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Some are forgetting a member here that has a product which will do what you are looking for. I personally don't like the look of the dual rod that looks like to clevis pins sticking out of your stock. If I was in your position I would be looking at this one from the above TS.com advertiser.

[​IMG]

Bryan

8. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

You will not be able to get any cast from any adjustable pad. Cast is the positioning of the comb. You will be able to adjust the LOP, Drop at the heel, and toe in & toe out.

Graco and Stock Positioning unit are identical and both will work.

9. StansCustoms

Thanks guys ..that's a alot of tips, badly needed. I'll look into all of them.

GunDR...I believe that cast at the butt is important too...at least for me.

Granted that the comb is 50% of the equation...but if you move the comb(cast off) to the right 1/4 " ...then moving the recoil pad to the right (again cast off) 1/4" helps too, again at least for me.

I've been looking into the RAD set up for my Trap gun..which has an adj. comb. With the RAD I will also be able to move the pad/cast to the right(among other things).

On this gun (28 gauge) I'm trying to do the same without the recoil device.

Best regards..Stan

10. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

The 100 Straight will adjust for Drop, Cant and CAST. Length of pull must be adjusted with your sliding miter saw or shims. I went through the same research exercise and this was my conclusion. Also, I purchased a Perazzi from Dan Lokker at the Southern Grand and the 100 Straight was also his choice--FWIW.

Doc

11. StansCustoms

Thank you Doc ..all input appreciated.

Stan...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.