1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Drone targets on US Soil....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Suppose the drone will have weapons? Any bets on future drone deployments on US soil?

Justify it how ever you want but it is the beginning of the end of our constitutional rights in the name of law enforcement.

2. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Obama! Jake

3. philk

philk Member

Wouldn`t be suprized if they had one out in California looking for the cop killer.

4. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

I think using an armed drone to hunt down a U.S. citizen, no matter how crazy or dangerous, would be a violation of the Posse Comitatus act of 1878. Anyway, its doubtful the wanted man is hiding out in the woods, in a snowstorm. He's back in one of the mostly Black neighborhoods in some nice house or apartment, laughing his butt off about how he lured all those other cops out into the mountains and into a blizzard...

5. RobertT

RobertT Well-Known Member

Actually, I heard from a reliable law enforcement source that they have indeed deployed a drone in the search for Dorner. Keep in mind drones are already deployed for border enforcement.

6. likes-to-shoot

Apparently no one read the sebsite I posted above...LOL

It is about using drones looking for Dorner and North Dakota using one looking for cow thieves.

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Likes to shoot must be smoking some of that new crop he is growing-- pretty soon he will have men from mars- from Area 51 used by the US government to target Americans with space weapons

Regards from Iowa

Gene

8. drgondog

drgondog Member

@Terry_Maiden - sad to say but the combination of FISA, NDAA have long put a stake in Posse Comitatus.. starting with GW in 2007 and picked up and embellished by OBama. After returning from Iraq most of 3rd ID has been at Ft Lewis for multiple roles - not the least of which is to 'augment' police and National Guard during times of 'emergency', provide security augmentation at Dem Party Convention, provide itelligence assets, etc..

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

While on the subject...Below is a map of all the areas that have applied for drone permits to the FAA. Click on the dot in your area and more information will come up.

https://www.google.com/fusiontables/embedviz?viz=MAP&q=select+col2+from+1WuTyH62PmUF97oxo6IreT1BL_aw9HJN5pocwmwg&h=false&lat=44.08758502824518&lng=-85.5615234375&z=4&t=1&l=col2&y=1&tmplt=2

10. likes-to-shoot

GunDr...I couldn't get yours to work, is this the same?

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

I compared the maps. The link I posted shows ten sites just in California, your only shows three.

I copied and pasted the link above and it worked for me.

12. oz

oz Active Member

I thought odumbofurher suspended posse comitatus a couple of years ago.

13. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I have a problem with law enforcement using drones for general surveillance with exception along our borders, however for search and rescue missions or in the pursuit of fugitives I have no problem with drones with thermal imaging cameras searching for alleged murderers or other violent felons. Helicopters have been used for decades, drones are just cheaper to run which in this economy saves money for all of us. I have no problem with states restricting the use of drones without probable cause and a judge's signature to use said device in an investigation as some states are now requiring.

14. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Likes-to-shoot, exactly what constitutional right do you have not to be seen in public? From what I understand, the drone can’t look inside your home without a search warrant. That is private.

But once outside you are in public view. No search warrant required. You have no reasonable expectation of privacy. I like that rule.

Frankly, the 21st century technology may very well enhance your rights, not reduce them. By identification of the bad guys at an early stage. Unless you think life here is all a game to see what you can get by with.

15. likes-to-shoot

Charles, are you saying that you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy in your backyard out of sight from the street? Kind of like Princess Kate and the boob shots the paparazzi took.

If you like that rule thats fine, just don't jam it down my throat.

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

What about small Aircraft? I am sure they can see what you are up to. They have been using them since man learned they could fly. Is it the fact that you need to know when they are watching you? Then you might want to look into the Patriot Act, and find out that you are being watched from back a few years to the point that they know what brand of Cereal you eat in the morning, to how many nose hairs you have visible hanging from your nose. Use of Drones was included in this, the Patriot Act. Why all the panic now? They don't need Drones to take you out.

"The law allows our intelligence and law enforcement officials to continue to share information. It allows them to continue to use tools against terrorists that they used against -- that they use against drug dealers and other criminals. It will improve our nation's security while we safeguard the civil liberties of our people. The legislation strengthens the Justice Department so it can better detect and disrupt terrorist threats. And the bill gives law enforcement new tools to combat threats to our citizens from international terrorists to local drug dealers."

-- President George W. Bush
    March 9, 2006

17. CharlesK80

CharlesK80 Member

Likes-to-shoot, what about front yard, side yard, outside porch, top of house?

If you are out side you are in the public view and visible. Drones ought to be able to see you. Legally. And whom ever you are with. Legally.

Yes, this is an increase in the ability of government, business and individuals to see you. Satellites have been doing it for years, but not as close.

But it is not a change in legal rights. So, what exact constitutional right is lost? Search warrants will still be required in applicable cases.

Frankly, we give away more information about ourselves on the internet anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.