1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Drone hits on American soil.......

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by likes-to-shoot, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

For those who thinks it can't escalate to the ordinary citizen think about the Seat Belt laws. They were implemented for our safety only and now they are used as one of the biggest cash cows our local governments have.

Areas that the Drones are already established local law enforcement use them on a regular basis.

Big Brother is here and now he want a eye in the sky that can wreck havoc on his citizens.

2. 548

548 Guest

With the exception of "red light cameras", traffic tickets are by no means a revenue raiser.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Even with the cameras- they contract out to civilian firms- not certain how much that net becomes for the state or city.

Yes I have paid a couple of those camera tickets

Oh yes- drones are just tools and yes those tools will be used for agricultural purposes- law enforcement purposes- survey purposes etc

Regards from Iowa

Gene

4. likes-to-shoot

548....I can't speak for your area but here when the Seat Belt laws were being considered we were assured that the law was for safety only and no tickets would be written based on just that single violation or be used as a gateway to other violations. Now they have task forces for week long periods aimed at seat belts only. Of course other violations are a bonus, right?

The fleecing of Americans by their own local government!!!!!!

5. 548

548 Guest

L2S, is it possible your local law enforcement is just trying to promote a safe environment on your local roadways?

Honestly, how many people do you know that have been murdered by gunfire? Now, how many people do you know that have been killed in a car crash? The numbers don't lie, do they?

Spending my un-obligated time enforcing occupant restraint laws is not something you will get an apology for. It is an important job and the successes are immeasurable.

6. 548

548 Guest

And regarding the article, Brian In Oregon has been pontificating that the ruling was so that the military could shoot you dead if you don't hand over your Ruger 10/22 with the 30 round plastic banana clip. Was Brian steering us askew? Is it possible the ruling was paving the way to eliminate American citizens living abroad engaged in the leadership structure of terrorists networks like I suggested? It sure seems that way.

7. sterlingworth

sterlingworth Active Member

Look guys,548 is a cop,plain and simple. He's not going to rock the boat or kill the golden goose.You can alway depend on the local police being more"active" at the end of the month.548 just be honest and call a spade a spade.

8. 548

548 Guest

Nice try Sterling.....

See below.

169.985 TRAFFIC CITATION QUOTA PROHIBITED.
    A law enforcement agency may not order, mandate, require, or suggest to a peace officer a quota for the issuance of traffic citations, including administrative citations authorized under section 169.999, on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly basis.
    History: 1990 c 482 s 3; 2009 c 158 s 4

9. likes-to-shoot

548....I didn't say seat belt laws aren't good. I said the government led us to believe one thing so the law could be passed and then local politicians saw an opportunity for extra income. The citizen was duped to begin with.

Another case in point. The city of Windsor Heights ask for a speeding camera on I-235 based on safety at a on ramp. The state did a study and found one wasn't necessary for safety. Now the city is suing for a camera and have added a car with a camera that can be located at various spots.

Money is the only reason this city wants that camera!!!

In my opinion they all should be outlawed!!

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

As it was, it will always be.

A small town in Northern Illinois (lAurora, I think..not sure)enacted a vehicle tax, as a temporary measure untill the parking meters would be put in, and then it would go away.

WW2 came along, and after it was over the meters were installed. but the vehicle tax remains AFIK.

I was told this by a former resident a long time ago, so don't flame me if it's not accurate.

All governments are like women. they can change their mind at the drop of a hat.

HM

11. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

With the exception of "red light cameras", traffic tickets are by no means a revenue raiser

548 I believe in michigan they are nothing but a revenue raiser. I also believe the state police do have a montyly quota here. You can talk till your blue in the face and my opinion will not change. :) Bill

12. 548

548 Guest

L2S - I incorrectly interpreted you to be anti seatbelt from your post. Sorry. And I agree with your assessment of cameras designed to catch, photograph, and mail tickets to violators. That is absolutely a revenue raiser.

Bill Grill - I have no interest in swaying anyones opinion. Just trying to use my limted knowledge base to offer clarity where it is sometimes a little murkey.

13. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Is it possible, that maybe if motorists know, or see these cameras at intersections, it will make them think twice about going through a red light? Are these cameras at intersections that have increasing red light infractions, resulting in accidents, when motorists actually accelerate through an intersection as to beat a red light? Would the motorists, which would usually be local, or familiar with these cameras presence, slow down at intersections, in order to make sure they can stop when the light turns red, be more of a benefit? If they go through a red light, and cause an accident, is the proof pretty solid, as to who is at fault? Is it a more cost effective way of patrolling? Last, but not least, if anyone does go through a red light, and does get a ticket, do they not deserve it?

14. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Is it possible that dumbasses mash on the gas when the light turns green without looking in either direction?

duh

HM

15. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

There may not be an established quota for ticket writing, but I do know from some highway patrol guys I know, that if you are not writing tickets fairly regularly, your Sargeant will have a talk with you. If you have farm tags on your vehicle in Texas, you don't have to wear your seat belt, as long your are on county roads or in the city. If you are on the Interstate, then you have to wear it. My brother was killed in 1986, in a roll over. He had his seat belt on. If the government would make the payments on my vehicle, I would be more inclined to wear one. After all, it is my vehicle, in my name, and I make the payments, insurance, tags, repairs, fuel etc.

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

What??? So you are saying the person that is driving within the law is the one at fault? Dumb ya, but really?

17. perazzi2

perazzi2 TS Member

I can remember back in the 50s when Radar was being promoted. The law said it would be open in plain site and would not be hidden. We now know what a crock that was. Same scenario when seat belts arrived on the scene.

I had a friend, who is now deceased, whose sister in law was in a roll over accident and is paralyzed as a result of the seat belt being around her neck. In all the vehicles, I have owned to date, the seat belts are closer to my neck than to my shoulder.

18. RAScott

RAScott Member

Fox news is reporting that the presidents people are trying to get something passed that allows the killing of US citizens with out notice. IE, a US citizen that is engaged in terroist activity. Right now it is over-seas but what to they call the T-party. Domestic terrorist?
    Bob S

19. darr

darr Well-Known Member

Yeah 548 is right.Without the government we would all of killed ourselves by now.Thank God for the government making all those decisions for me.

I thank my lucky stars everyday for the CHP for writing me tickets for not wearing my seat belts.I'm sure it is all about the safety.

I don't know what I would do without the EPA,FDA,Osha,CalOsha,Ca. Dept of Pesticides,Imperial County Ag Commisioner,Dept of the Interior,Dept of Trans.Imperial County Air Pollution District,Ca.Water resources Board.Not to mention all the other burocracies I deal with at least once a year.Everytime I pay some fee,license,permit, or fine I am reminded how safe they are keeping me.

Thanks but no thanks.

Darr

20. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Darr I am with you, I could stand just a little less of the giverment saving me from myself

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.