1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Drivers License cost

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by warren, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warren

warren Member

I got my Nevada drivers renewed today it took about 15 minutes and cost me $17. They waited on me promptly and were courtious. How much is it in your state????

warren

2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I got mine back in 1947 from Sears and Roebuck for 5 dollars, good for a lifetime.

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Renewed my NC CDL with all the endorsements and HZ back in October. Including the TSA security background check that was required before renewal it was $230.

Now as of Jan 30, 2012 and before Jan 30, 2014, I will have to provide a Med Exam Cert. / Federal Variance(waiver) / and or skills performance evaluation to the SDLA.

4. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Last one I got here in Ga. was $20.00--4 years, didn't take too long maybe 15--20 mins. Have to renew this year hope it's no more. Ross

5. Gunn

Gunn TS Member

Oregon 60.00 good for eight years.

6. RogerAckerman

RogerAckerman Member

I just received something through the mail from Jesse White here in IL, I can send in $35.00 and that will renew my Drivers Licence for 4 years and I don't have to go in for anything.
    Roger in IL

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Anybody else notice the ease of renewing a standard drivers license. MotorVoter?

8. over/under

over/under Member

Not in Florida. Social Security card required. Birth Certificate required. And a utility bill from your current address required. But yet, Attny Gen Holder doesn't even want people to show an ID to vote. IT IS TIME FOR REAL CHANGE!

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Personally i think you SHOULD have to show ID (even if several forms) in order to vote and receive said licenses. The harder it is for people to scam the better.

As for the DL, i dropped my Hazmat endorsement from CDL because of all the BS envolved not to mention the added cost. I think my CDL with endorsements was $75 to renew this past summer.

10. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

I am licensed for motorcycle to tractor trailer, and mine just cost me $118 and a medical exam. Walked in the door, took a number, was called, showed my 2 forms of ID, paid, got my picture taken, and was out the door in 18 minutes. That office must hire the counter girls for looks AND brains. They were all real good looking. As a matter of fact, the examiner for my CDL, in the same office, was a babe, too.

11. Bob Griffith

Bob Griffith Member

My CDL with haz-mzt, tank & doubles endorsements was something like $150 last year. Then you add to that the background check every 5 years for the hazmat & it tacks on another $100 + in New York. I understand & am OK with doing a background check periodically, but why do you need to be finger printed every 5 years? Last I knew, they didn't change! As far as the medical every 2 years, my employer picks up the tab on that & the cost of the random drug tests.

12. slowdp

slowdp TS Member

The little Spanish lady behind the Fla Drivers License counter asked for my birth certificate, social card and utility bill. I told her I did not have them but had a concealed carry card and some credit cards for additional id. She shook her finger at me and told me to be sure to bring them in the next time i came to renew. Then she proceeded to give me a 7 year renewal. I guess i will need to remember to bring that stuff in 2017!

Don't remember the cost but it seems like maybe $50 for 7 years with motorcycle and CDL.

13. tarhawk

tarhawk TS Member

My birhtday is the 26th of this month and I need a new drivers license by then. Sec. of State sent me a notice I could renew by mail. $18.00 for standard operators license. Michigan. Good for 4 yrs I think.

14. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

In most states if you are a Veteran you save on both licences and tags.

blade819

15. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

I asked a friend about his cost, knowing about his recent "impaired driving". He said that it's about $650 this year and 500+ next. the cost of one extra drink? [well, maybe 2] Bill

16. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

Wisconsin is good for 8 years and I think it's $15 or $16. I honestly don't recall the cost as it was 4 years ago when I last renewed mine.

Tim

17. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I just renewed my Driver's License here in Missouri last month and it cost $10.00 for three years.

Had to take a short vision test but other than that it was very easy and didn't take long. I showed the lady at the License Bureau my Pass Port for identification. I didn't have to use the Pass Port but I chose to present it anyway. I had several other means of identification with me as well.

Allen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.