1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Drivable Studebakers

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by almost unemployed, Mar 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

I'm thinking of getting a Studebaker for nostalgic reasons. Nothing in showroom condition, just a drivable relic to putt around in. Anybody know of one for sale? No specific model in mind, still working on the concept.

2. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

I know of a nice drivable one V8 autotrans. 4dr well kept but not a showcar.Email me drop xxx's Jon PS is in So Cal.

3. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

try this

4. new loader

new loader Member

look on ebay

5. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

ebaymotors, I just checked it out and there must of been 40 of em.

6. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Bisi, you got to it before I did. There is a section just on them on Ebay. Its worth looking at. They got some there that are nice as hell.

7. Skipperk

Skipperk TS Member

1958 Studebaker Golden Hawk, excellent runner,front end rebuilt $ 4500
    V8 auto trans.

1957 Transtar pu, 1 ton,9 ft pu bed (only 380 manufactured). Presently doing minor repairs. $ 4000

1957 Transtar pu, 1/2 ton, V8,flatbed. # 1 trucktotally restored by owner,
    $10,500

1948 Champion 2 door sedan, 6 cyl. Older restoration by owner. Favorite of owner. Excellent condition. Excellent bargain at $ 6500.

Jim Goodin Farber Mo. 573-249-3622

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Golden Hawk '57 not '56,,,'56 too heavy in the front,,Packard engine,,,,'57 studebaker with Paxton Blower,,,better driving vehical,,,'49-51 are a hoot, can't tell which way they are going.

9. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

Thanks for good leads & info. For the time being I am limiting my search to midwestern states. Will expand the search if required. Just a passing fancy at this point, but might get serious if I see the right car. I agree with snglfoot, the torpedo-nose Champions of 49-51 are a designer's prank. They just don't make 'em like they used to.

10. CalvinMD

That was a cool looking car Rick...definantly unique!

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rick,

I had one just like that but it was Pea Green, wish I still had it and can't imagine what it might be worth today ... I hated that car but it beat the hell out of walking ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Canned pea green WPT?...;-)

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Rick,

I didn't get in the back seat much being as thats where I made my cousin ride all the time ... I recall some of the girls in high school that didn't want to be seen in the car but we worked that out and made alley cats out of them in doing so ... lol ... Even as kids we never ran into an obsticle we couldn't overcome ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. CalvinMD

My Grandad descibed owning something called a Hupmobile...what the hell is a Hupmobile??

15. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Calvin, This is a 1941 Hupmobile.

[​IMG]

Go to this <a href="http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=hupmobile&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2'>PAGE</a> if you want to see a bunch of them.

Hauxfan!

16. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Go to the above URL if you want to see a bunch more Hupmobiles.

Hauxfan!

17. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If anyone knows of a nice clean, low milage Avanti ll, I'm in the market for one and have been for a long time ... The ones I have looked at were in terrible condition and a few of them even had the door skins pealing off at the botton which must of been one of their weak points ... I have always wanted one of these cars since they first came out in 1962, just never found the right one ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thanks hairy, I have been looking and one of these days, will my wife be surprised ... I looked at a couple here in Phx and both were in terrible shape and not worth fixing ... It seems like the fiberglass likes to separate after some years and when that happens they are almost impossible to repair because it becomes very brittle so most repairs won't last long enough to paint it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. Whiz Bang

Whiz Bang TS Member

Sunday morning on ESPN I was watching Car Crazy. They were doing a show in Chandler Arizona about a Studebaker car collection 80 plus cars. After watching the show it reminded me when back in high school about 1966 my friend and i bought a 57 Golden Hawk and a Silver Hawk for $25.00 each. The cars didnt run but were in good shape.

20. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

hairy,

Thats what I'm looking for ... The Company has been sold more than a few times and I'm not sure they are even in business any longer ... They were made in Indiana and way before their time ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.