1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Drilling: What's it worth?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike, Apr 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike

Mike Member

Drilling: What

Posted for a friend, 9.3x74R (x2) over 16ga (I think). Says Ed. Kettner, GOLN, A/RH, Krupp'sscher-, STAHL on top of barrels, also stamped under barrels, 63/19, 16 (inside of a circle), U, RS, J, S (inside of a shield), other stamps and symbols hard to describe. It's tight, shows some wear but overall very nice. Thanks in advance, Mik
    mik_2008_03035.jpg

mik_2008_03037.jpg

mik_2008_03036.jpg

mik_2008_03034.jpg

mik_2008_03033.jpg

mik_2008_03032.jpg

mik_2008_03031.jpg

mik_2008_0303.jpg

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

$2500???

3. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Tron was that a guess, or was there some knowledge behind it? Bill

4. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

$200.00 Per pound,,,,,,,

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Mike,
    If you post it on doublegunshop.com you will get a real answer. Does not seem to be as many wise acres there are here. jmho Bill

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Very nice looking dangerous game piece Mike, fine craftsmanship.

I once read that the Austrian or German triple barrels {double rifle over shotgun} are the rarest and were hard to make. The twin rifle barrels were carefully regulated to shoot the same point of impact.

Thanks for sharing.

7. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Bill, from what I've seen of those guns, my guess would be around $2500.

8. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

I don't know anything about the gun except it looks like a SxS double O/U! A 3 barrel masterpiece! Why only 2 triggers? Seriously, those are some of the clearest close up pictures I have seen yet. Was the camera an electronic set to "micro" mode?

9. stillmisses

stillmisses TS Member

Mik you have a PM

10. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I have seen these gun alot in the past. I have found that the guns like this one with hammers and a bottom lever do not bring as much as those without hammers and a top lever. Go on the internet and find a drilling web site. They can tell you more on the gun.

11. Mike

Mike Member

nsguy, It's a approx 5yr old Pentax Optio Z10 8.0 megapixels 7x optical zoom. It's a very thin "pocket" sized camera that I carry most everywhere. I bought it on sale at a dicount type store approx 5yrs ago for less than $200. I had to send it back to the factory 3 times from about 2weeks after I bought it (the store would only take it back for 10days). I tried to get close up but the picture wouldn't focus, I tried to use the macro mode but still couldn't focus (I probably should read the manual some day). What worked was backing up and using the tele mode (hand held I didn't have a tripod with me as I was at my friend's house and didn't think I'd be taking pictures). Lucky there was some sunlight outside, a friend (who won a oscar for a documentary film years ago once told me "the more light the better" I uploaded the pics here at TS and was suprised myself. Mik

12. nsguy

nsguy Active Member

Turned out some great pics mik! I have an Olympus SP-350 that can do more stuff than I have the ability to do!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.