1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreaming of AMERICAN English Walnut

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mr.M, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

For those ladies and gentlemen who appreciate the finer things in life, I offer the following two pictures. I participated in my first actual harvest of English and Black Walnut from a commercial orchard earlier this year. Just wanted to see what the entire cycle of harvest, transport, slabbing, layout, milling, coating, drying and bringing to market was all about. I honestly thought that I could not show any of the resulting blanks until they were dry and ready to work. Wrong!!

To test our processes, I picked the ugliest little stub of a stick of English that I thought would be fodder for a crafter and this was the result. Based on this little orphan, I can't wait to get into some of the 3000 pound crotches that are next in line.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just thought I'd pass along a true AMERICAN beauty for everyone to appreciate.

Mike Mann White Creek Gunstock Blanks

2. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I don't think there is anything in nature that can rival the beauty of great wood. This one came from Northern Calif. Too bad the cutter didn't understand gunstock layout. I'm still hoping to salvage something out of it.

<a href="http://s35.photobucket.com/albums/d189/wireguy/?action=view&current=e989_1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

3. 1oz

1oz Member

Beautiful slab of English

4. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

"I can't wait to get into some of the 3000 pound crotches" You might want to state that in a different way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.