1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dream vacation to Brescia Italy???

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by omahasportingsupply, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Dream vacation to Brescia Italy???

My wife is taking kids to Europe again this year and wanted me to come along. I decided to shoot in the USA this summer instead. She is hurt. I told her I would go to Europe with her on a future vacation. I want to stay in Brescia and visit many of the firearms factories/museums. Have already visited Germany and Austria several times. Where would you go? Group or NO Group if speak German/English/Nerd/Geeks with Guns?/Homey. Will a week be long enough? Opportunities for shooting? Things you wouldn't miss? Things you would skip? I can rent a car (autobahn is as fun as Nascar) or train it, but my wife won't let me drive a tour bus! Is there a tour company that specializes in this type of tour? Thanks

2. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

you have mail

David D

3. omahasportingsupply

Like Larry the Cable Guy said:  "Hello, is this
    microphone on?"  Guys, I am not running
    away from my family.  My wife goes with me.  My child is named Koenig
    Ludwig II and he is an 8# Maltese.  We work with kids all the time. 
    We give them back for the summers.  Some summers my wife will take kids
    (and me) to Europe to practice their German.  She has a sister school
    outside of Stuttgart.  Every 5 to 10 years, we take a trip and I get to
    plan a week of things for me to do.  Most of the other times revolve around
    her and the kids.  I had Germans living in my house last summer for 7
    weeks.  I am weird, I admit it.  I have been caught shooting 
    ......  SKEET.    I have
    already toured the Daimler Benz factory and
    have been to the BMW museum many times.  I enjoy touring factories in the
    US and Europe. I went to the Downrange
    Wad Manufacturing facility, in January, just to see how they were made.  I
    had a riot.   I am going to visit a factory outside of Munich on the
    same trip.  BigBore,  I am a sight see'er, that is why it is
    titled a vacation.  I don't need the Blonde 25 year old since I have been
    married to the same lady for 25 years and don't want to trade her in.  She
    is my navigator and partner.  Ludwig II doesn't care who gives him the
    doggie treats.  My  wife and I take turns being the trailing spouse
    depending on whose meeting, conference, or  trip is the priority.  I
    am NOT neglecting my family.  She collects Department 57
    houses.... I buy rental houses.   She collects German items  ...
    . I want to collect my Italian items.  LOL

I am thinking about spending  a few days in Brescia but I am sure my
    wife will want to see Milan.  I have had a few emails detailing places they
    had been and all were great ideas.  It sounds like a neat valley with a lot
    of cottage industries.  Beretta dwarfs most of the small shops but they do
    quality work also.  You have to remember guys, I read the
    Blue Book of Gun
    values to read the history
    of some gunsmiths.  If it came down to a blonde 25 year old or an Italian shotgun...... I will take the shotgun as it
    will cost me less and appreciate more.  
    Any other ideas are still welcome as we travel as couples without kids (most are
    grownup).  Soon I will qualify for the AARP discount.  I want to
    travel before I need my walker. 

4. omahasportingsupply

I am the trailing spouse tonight so our theroy is still working. Mike, where did you buy you house at? I have only made one other trip into Italy but that was back in 1985. I showed my wife the email you guys wrote and she looked up Milan. She said not only does she want to visit there,.... but she has 4 other locatations picked out further south in Italy. Me and my big mouth! Might as well practice my Italian.

5. mikee

mikee TS Member

dont miss the shooting in italy. the best in the world.let the wife enjoy the sights around lake garda and you take yourself over to linato for a try at the olympic trap (bunker.....never again).within a 15 mile radius of linato you will find all the trapgrounds you will ever need. beside the beretta factory(500 yds) you can visit 'essevierres' stock makers one of the best in the world. if you contact them they will measure you and make you a stock which i guarantee you will never be able to better. this is the shooting capitol of the world and everyone who shoots should try and visit. i could spend three or four months every year in this area doing nothing else but shoot,,,,,,,,,,if i could afford it. you will have plenty of time for the wife when the light goes down and the targets are too difficult to see.

mike

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

My wife and daughter are in Italy this week. A "Female bonding" trip as my daughter is getting married in October. I declined to go because i am too busy to take another 10 days off for fun (and I hate to travel). But I really had my head my butt. I could have went to Brescia, and never gave it a thought. Would have loved to visit some of the gun shops. Always wanted to watch them make barrels out of spaghetti.

7. vermonster

vermonster TS Member

I visited Brescia two years ago. It's a nice area! Great food and wine!!Be sure to see the Beretta museum.It's huge and contains shotguns that are out of this world!! Just down the road is the Italian proof house that is very interesting ,if you can get in. Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to shoot while I was there.

I travel a lot (59 countries). My favorite city is Prague. Go there if you like old European city touring. It wasn't flattened during WW2 so most of it is like it was in 1500. Great food, beautifull women and the best beer in the world. Be sure to go before they convert to the Euro.

Steve

8. vermonster

vermonster TS Member

I visited Brescia two years ago. It's a nice area! Great food and wine!!Be sure to see the Beretta museum.It's huge and contains shotguns that are out of this world!! Just down the road is the Italian proof house that is very interesting ,if you can get in. Unfortunatly I didn't get a chance to shoot while I was there.

I travel a lot (59 countries). My favorite city is Prague. Go there if you like old European city touring. It wasn't flattened during WW2 so most of it is like it was in 1500. Great food, beautifull women and the best beer in the world. Be sure to go before they convert to the Euro.

Steve

9. omahasportingsupply

You guys have me drooling. Now, I have to make a list of all the neat places to see. My wife loved Prauge and I am sure I could talk her into going back there again. I wonder if I could take them a couple of cases of Downrange Wads and write it off as a business expense? LOL Only in my dreams. How do some of you get so lucky to travel to Italy so often?

10. romie

romie Active Member

I was there two years ago. The train is the answer for the long trips I think one day and a night in Brescia would be about all I would want with my family but I am not a Gordone expert. It is an industrial city on the edge of some beautiful mountains. Milan is a big city I personally wouldn't spent any time there. There are a lot better places to go in Italy.
    A week goes by pretty fast I would have to see Venice, Florence ,Amalfi,which would burn up a fast week.
    Free advise

11. mikee

mikee TS Member

venice...........very difficult to hold the gun steady on a gondola.

mike

12. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Don't forget Trieste and Parma. I've got pics posted on previous threads. Just do a search on Italy.

13. omahasportingsupply

Mikee<br>
    Shooting from a gondola... isn't that a new olympic sport? Is the uniform mossy oak? You guys kill me. ROFL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

a place to go shooting in orzinuovi italy

trap shooting in trieste