1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dramamine, when is the best time to take?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by blkcloud, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I have a boat chartered for 8 hours saturday to take some of my buddies deep sea fishing.. just wondering when is the best time to take the Dramamine, I have heard everything from 2 days ahead to as soon as you step on the boat.. thanks!

2. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

As a person who has had experienced lots of motion sickness in life, I believe the package will recommend to begin taking dramamine up to one day before.
    So, I start the day before. Why not? I mean, since it doesn't hurt, I am someone who would err on the side of caution rather than ruin a fishing trip.

I am an old man now, but as a kid, I would get extremely train and car sick. So, God Bless Dramamine and pass the pills before every train, plane, and car trip as a passenger, please.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

The trouble with dramamine you might sleep thru or be too drowsy to enjoy your trip. I kinda remember there are newer & more effective alternatives to dramamine.

Phil Berkowitz

4. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Blk-

If you have insurance and a doctor, my suggestion would be to call them and ask for some "scopolamine patches".

I did it for a big trip I was going on just to be sure I wasn't motion sick. Too much money figuring that out. Dramamine will likely make you drowsy and sub par.

The scopo patches are expensive, thats why I recommend you have insurance. Tell them your going to be gone for like two weeks or whatever because 1 patch or 8 still going to cost the same as far as insurance copays go.

I believe they are effective for three days per patch. Put one on the day before you leave behind your ear.

I will warn you that you can drink like a fish and never really get good and hammered so if you haev a few beers but don't feel much thats why. You can forgot about the next day nausea too, because it won't be there. You may have a headache to contend with though. I swear this stuff is great.

Get it.

Nick

5. Shipbuilder

Shipbuilder TS Member

Remstar is right; SCALPOLMINE(SP?)is much better.It is the only thing I have seen who will bring someone back from sea sickness while they are still at sea.

Put the patch behind your ear about 8 hours before you leave the pier. You will experience some dry mouth but that is about all.
    Jim

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Get the patch and put it on the night before. They won't make you sleepy, and they work great. Lot's of experience here.

7. blow-by

blow-by Member

Just before Obama gives speech

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

look up motion sickness wrist bands...most online marine supply stores have them...along with Dramamine or the patches, you will be fine...my mom does this everytime she goes on the water and she is one who gets sick just watching Deadliest Catch : ))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best time to take dramamine

can i take dramamine and use sea bands at the aame time
when is best time to take dramamine
when is the best time to take dramamine
when is the best time to take dramamine to avoid sea sickness
when to take dramamine before car

when to take dramamine before sea fishing

whne to take dramamine