1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DRA12 PINK WAD WITH STS HULL

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by R.Ewing, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. R.Ewing

R.Ewing Member

Has anyone had any good loads using the DRA12 PINK wad with the STS hull. Looking to load a solid 1oz 16 yard load. Thinking about using e3 or Amer. Select

2. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

You're going to get a lot of conflicting opinions on this fishing trip, but myself and a shooting pardner had mucho problemos with them-- 2 different loaders ie 1 mec & 1 Pacific (Hornady) & 2 different powders & different primers, we tried STSs & AAs. Went back to OEM & CBs & our goofy sounding & recoil variations disappeared. Good Luck--Ross Puls

3. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

I LOVE Downrange wads....

BUT, I have tried the DRA1 1oz red and had no success in STS hulls. They are too short.... period. Tried several powders including red-dot & American Select with just terrible dished crimps and lots of "poppers!"

I gave away the rest of my case to a buddy that loads new style WIN hulls.

Much better luck with XXL 7/8 oz or XL1 1oz in STS hulls. Have also loaded the Downrange Fig 8 clones with good success.

SW

4. shrek

shrek Active Member

go with the xl-1 wad from downrange in the sts hull

5. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I second the Downrange Xl-1 wad for this shell. I use them successfully with 17.4 grains of Clays and Winchester 209 primers in a 1-ounce load. Smokes targets.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

They will work with a bulky powder like Hodgdon Clays.

7. goatskin

goatskin TS Member

Using Rem hulls, you will have a much better fit and finish using XL-Neon Green or the Dark Green T12.

One additional benefit, as Big-C mentioned above, is you can go to TiteGroup, PB, or Unique/Universal, and use the same wad for 1-1/8, 1250 back fence loads.

Bob

8. Texas Trap Shooter

Texas Trap Shooter Member

I use 18.5 grains of Solo 1000, cheddite primer, the DRA12 wad in Remington hulls without any problems.

Ron - Sun City, TX

9. bkt514

bkt514 Active Member

In my Remington Hulls.....I use a hotter primer. So this what I like, using #8s for shot, CB -4100 1 oz wad, Federal 209 Primer, and 18.5 grains of American Select powder. Works well for me.

10. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

I use a cb's 4100 with 16 grains of e-3 ,sts .1oz #8 with a rem 209 primer, even at 20 yds I'm still smashing them

11. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

Go with Texas Trapshooter's load. He gave it to me about 10 years ago and it has accounted for a lot of 100 straights for me. Thanks again Ron.

12. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I use the pink with 7/8 once all is good. i do however prefer the gray Clay-busters. Someone saw the pink ones and asked me if I shot Skeet, I don't know what he meant??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dra12 pink

dra12

dra12 pink