1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Seuss

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by B.G.C., Jul 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B.G.C.

B.G.C. TS Member

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells".-Dr. Seuss

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Wally, I understand you held your own little doubles marathon on August 7th and yesterday you held your own little handicap marathon. I further understand that the one on the 7th was you and 2 other shooters and the one yesterday was you and 3 other shooters. Why was it necessary for you and your buddies to have your own little marathons when you have 2 days of marathons coming up this weekend? Why didn't you publicize on TS.com theses 2 marathons?
    Is there some reason you continue to do this year after year? Why Do you feel you and the chosen few that shoot w/ you should shoot in perfect weather conditions w/ the targets set to your liking while the rest of us take what we get when we shoot our targets?

3. Gertius Maximus

Gertius Maximus TS Member

John, it's replies like your's to complaints like the above that makes a thank you unnecessary to me for the small contributions I might make. I'm not even close to the same league in that category as the others who participated in the events being discussed, yourself included, yet I'm still offended by one posted response tremendously. If it wasn't for BGC, I'm pretty certain I wouldn't be shooting trap hardly at all let alone coaching it or participating in damn near every ATA event I can afford to within driving range of where I live. If it weren't for the crew (all the staff, the board members and club members) I had the pleasure to encounter on a chance visit one day last year, I can't guarantee I'd be participating more than a couple times every few years.

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

John, You clearly missed your calling in life. You should have written novels. You also missed the point, actually I don't think you missed it you just chose to ignore it like you have for many years. I am well aware of the rule for setting up a shoot on a minutes notice. The point being made was ethics, fairness and sportsmanship. Year after year pulling the same stunts to get on the State team. You think that's fair and ethical to the other Minnesota shooters? Sorry, but I don't. I also don't understand how anyone can garner any pride and satisfaction in making the team that way. I guess I'm just old fashion. Have a nice day.

5. Rays

Rays TS Member

John,You can fool some of the people some of the time,but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. Ray S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.