1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DR.LONGSHOTS APOLOGY

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, May 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I want to apologize for what was a mis-leading statement I made in my thread.
    I stated 30 years on the 27, I did not say continous, I did say I did not refuse any yardage reductions, and I did not, I took them. For the last 10 years I have been on the 27 yd line 7 of them from 2004 - 2010 I also was reduced to the 24 yard line, and also had not shot 1000 targets on 2 of those reductions, I recieved 2 reductions in one year. I called the ATA office for my shooting records of the 27 yard line and they are being compiled now and will report them accurately to you when I get them. I started registered shooting in 1968, that was 42 years ago, I believe I made the 27 in the 70s am not being precise here. So I have an additional 38 years of shooting to check on for the 27 yard line

In the late 60s and 70s there were very large registered high paying calcuttas at the Tri State Shoot held in Steubenville, Ohio. And at this time the same thing was going on at the Golden West Grand, and Cars were being won at the large shoots, Cadillacs, Pintos, Etc.

These were times Steve Carmichael and I were discussing at his last large shoot. He also said those times could come back again with proper management and Promotions.

So guys give me some slack until the ATA sends me the shoot report.

The ATA only goes back to 2001 for computerized results.

I offer my apology for the mis-leading statement I made. I am damn close to 30 years on the 27, but shoot report will confirm this.

Just be patient for the results.

But as usual there will be those that have to comment on everyting I and others say on this site.

To those sincere posters my apology.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why don't you just leave it alone and let it go away???? Do you just want to continue making yourself a target.

Don

3. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

Gary any one with 25 or 30 years at the 27 yard line is still impressive.
    I would be happy to say I shot the 27 yards for 5 years when and if thats happens. John

4. checker

checker Member

Drop the Hot Potato.....autobiography deal comming?

5. missemucho

missemucho Member

While I admit to sometimes snickering at Gary's comments, it takes a big man to make an apology on a site as judgmental as Trapshooter's! Still a record I'd love to have.
    John

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

If your Gary Bryant #4010126

Your records go back to 1968 on shootata.com

7. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

Gary,

Don't worry about these nitpickers. The truth should never stand in the way of an interesting story. You have a lot of ineresting stories.

Please tell us about your new CG once you have a chance for for full test drive.

8. dshot

dshot Member

I think everybody makes mistakes and misstatement and to make an apology, is the mark of a Gentelman.

9. FLIP

FLIP Member

gary if you are Gary Bryant #4010126. go look at the ata shooter info it go back to 1968, good shooting to make the 27 but just cut out the BS! enjoy the sport for what it is.

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Flip It does not show my yardage beyond 2002,ATA is sending it to me.
    Computer records only go back to 2001, that shows yardage, and yardage changes.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

11. 870

870 Well-Known Member

Gary:

Please don't post all of your data, it won't serve any purpose. You've been on the 27 a long time, having bounced back and forth a little over the years. What's wrong with saying that?

I hope all works out well when the barrell returns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.