1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Longshot gets suspended for 2 years?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by map67, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. map67

map67 TS Member

Is this really true? Has Dr. Longshot been suspended from the association for 2 years? Could some sort of justice be really served, as it is well over due? All I can say is what comes around goes around. For so long his comments and accusations (which rarely had any truth to them) have always been stirring the pot, and usally targeted at the same people. All I can say is give credit where credit is due to make this happen.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

3. Wentez

Wentez Member

'suspended from the association' -- The ATA? I have not noticed anything in T&F - did I miss something? Anybody know what the opening post on this thread is about?

Geo Wentz

4. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

It was a question. Not an accusation. Read it again. Interesting that you are so eager to sue. Not saying anything, just an observation. Hope I never have to shoot with you.

Have a nice day, Mr Bryant or Brytant, which ever it is.

Mike

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

Obviously, if the person referred to as Dr. Longshot, is Gary Bryant, he has not been notified of a complaint by the ATA. Suspension can only take place after notification and a rather long investigation. The process can take several months. Asking such a question on this site is out of order.

Dr. Longshot could sue for monetary damages but he would have the burden of demonstrating what his monetary losses were due to this situation.

I would think map67 owes either an apology or an explanation.

Pat Ireland

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Don't ya just love a guy that want to run to a lawyer at the first sign of controversy.

Trapper Mike....I for one would shoot with you or against you but only in competitive fun.

Hey Jack....How have ya been? All good here.

Bill

7. smartass

smartass TS Member

Longshot, would it be libel if I referred to you as a whiney babbler?

8. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Well, winning a libel case is pretty much a ..........longshot.

9. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Damn, just imagine how much money I would save if they banned me for two years! If I whine, could someone get it done please?! Tom Rhoads

10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Bring Rooster Cogburn in to solve this mystery. If not then maybe Foghorn.

Don

By the way are you really a doctor or just using the initials??

11. Wentez

Wentez Member

I have exchanged e-mails with Dr Longshot - they were articulate and with insight - don't understand what someone has found to be offensive with him
    George Wentz

12. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Just wondering, but if He's not a real doctor couldn't he be charged with impersonating a doctor on the internet where he might or might not be the actual person typing the different responses? Jackie B.

13. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Just for the heck of it, I googled Gary Bryant and it came up with lawyers, Ceo's, child molesters, writers, professors but no doctors. Of course, I'm not saying or insinuating that he is not a doctor or any of the above. Now that I think about it, I could be charged with impersonating a shooter with the name Shooting Jack. I do shoot at, notice the at, a lot of clay birds. I best quit before I cross the line and someone threatens me with a lawyer. Jackie B.

14. SShooterZ

SShooterZ Member

Suing someone for internet chat... Right.

Maybe you and your lawyer can review Rule 11 and post back.

15. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Well if someone badmouthed me to my face we'd settle it like men in the parking lot. Last man standing wins. But many posters here take the sissy way out and start 5h1t behind some screen name.....real brave people. Afraid to say it to Gary's face? Afraid to settle it even on the trap line? As previously posted my funds would be on Brad D., in this case my funds would be on Gary. I have shot with him many times....would shoot again with him anytime. I don't really care what has transpired in the past, I have found him to be always straight with any dealings I have had with him. Don't dog the man out....if you do, have the balls to do it to his face. Play it right or don't play it at all.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

16. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

The answer to the question at the top of this thread is "No." Dr. Longshot has not been suspended for any length of time whatever.

Neil

17. ohiomike

ohiomike Member

Actually, DA, it does appear that the word libel_does_exist:

li·bel /?la?b?l/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lahy-buhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -beled, -bel·ing or (especially British) -belled, -bel·ling.
    –noun 1. Law. a. defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
    b. the act or crime of publishing it.
    c. a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.

2. anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
    –verb (used with object) 3. to publish a libel against.
    4. to misrepresent damagingly.
    5. to institute suit against by a libel, as in an admiralty court.

li·a·ble /?la??b?l/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lahy-uh-buhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
    –adjective 1. legally responsible: You are liable for the damage caused by your action.
    2. subject or susceptible: to be liable to heart disease.
    3. likely or apt: He's liable to get angry.

18. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Aside from the spelling bee and word wizardry, seems Gary took someones cash with some of that longshot stuff? :) Hap

19. Msuhunter

Msuhunter Member

Please can't we all just get along. Their are more important issues to face these days.

20. famill00

famill00 TS Member

Yep...the grand is over....and there is nothing else to talk about.....

Dr. Longshot....are you going to use 7 1/2 or 8's in the courtroom? With this whole libel thing I think you may just be shooting blanks!

Forrest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.