1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DR. Frank Rivley,O.D.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootertoo, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootertoo

trapshootertoo Member

I met Dr. Frank Rivley at the fall handicap in Mo. this fall and had him make some shooting lenses for me. I got them in about a week but the prescription isn't correct as I can't see clearly with them. I've made many calls and left several messages with no response. I'm usually a good judge of character and felt I could trust him but now I'm not so sure. Have any of you done business with him and if so, what has been your experience with him?

2. joehunter

joehunter Member

He was in San Antonio, TX at the National SC shoot as a vendor.

Joey

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Frank is TOP NOTCH! I've been doing business with him for years. If you have a problem, he will fix it. He doesn't grind the lenses, Decot does, probably an error down there.

4. trapshootertoo

trapshootertoo Member

Thanks Eurojoe, guess I'll keep trying.

5. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

Same happen to me! I won,t go back!

6. rpeerless

rpeerless Well-Known Member

I agree with Eurojoe and Zardozforty.

7. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

I never met the gentleman but recall he served a brief term as manager of the ATA. What was that all about?

8. BFE

BFE TS Member

Same thing happened to me at the grand.
    Went back several times and asked for him to call me and I'm still waiting for his call.. Never again Brian

9. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Wow Heap, talk about smack'n the wasps nest.....

10. geeber

geeber Member

I had Frank check my eyes and give me a new prescription when he was at the Silver Dollar last year. I didn't care for the orange color lenses I got though. I sent the script to Morgan Optical and got a pair of purple lenses. With Franks script and Morgans lenses, I had my best year ever.

Gary B.

11. Jack L. Smith

Jack L. Smith Member

Getting a shooting prescription is very complex. I worked with Frank last year and had a fine result. I visited him and let him do the eye exam, so we were able to talk about specific issues, and he could check my gun mount, eye pupil measurements, and discuss the relationship between contacts and lenses. In particular, with Frank's advice, I took my contacts out several days before the eye exam to let my lenses return to their baseline.

That way he was dealing with current data, and first hand knowledge. My eyes are pretty bad, & he had some excellent advice.

I trust Frank and hope you are able to get a good solution, as I did. The President of our gun club used Frank for shooting glasses last year, had two sets made & he is very pleased.

There are many variables; if you have you own scrip, or other mount technique, or eye issues that impact the result, it may take more than one try. Seeing a target clearly is very personal.

js in PA

12. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

grntitan, not a wasps nest, a hornets nest houses a lot more venom!! :)

Hap

13. BigSkiff

BigSkiff Member

I had Frank make my shooting glasses and was amazed at the quality and the promptness of his work. I see better with my shooting glasses than I do with my regular glasses! I also had him make me a pair of Sun Glasses and they are just as good as my shooting glasses.

I had a very good experience working with Frank and would recommend him to all.

Bob Cade

14. Barkingspider21

Barkingspider21 Member

I also had a quality control problem with Decot optics, worse job on a pair of trifocals I have ever seen. I made glasses in the Navy for many years and at Opti World in Orlando Fl. Got some lenses from Morgan and will deal with them from now on. Woody Sullivan

15. 27-T

27-T Member

Several years ago, I went to Rivley. Had him examine my eyes, after I gave him my prescription from my eye Doctor. He said he could improve my shooting vision . After paying him for the exam, plus the new lenses, I put on the glasses he prescribed. These things were terrible. Went back to him, told him I couldn't see well at all. HE told me that I'd have to get used to them. Thats a new one! Either the prescription is correct or it isn't!!!! We went back and forth, so to please him, I kept them for another two days of constant wear. Vision was horrible. Went back to him and complained. He didn't want to hear that. In his very sarcastic, arrogant way, he said to me "I don't know what to tell you. What do you want me to do?" I told him I wanted a pair of glasses that I could see with or I wanted my money back. He just turned and went back into his bus, not saying a word to me. I left the lenses with him. To this day, I'm still waiting for one or the other option I gave him. I guess he needs the $275.00 to help pay for his bus. What a c#*^&@%!!!!

I would strongly suggest that everyone stay clear of this guy. Rively can't be trusted to honor his work and be fair with his customers.

There are several other glasses makers out here who do an excellent job. They honor their work and are fair with their customers. If something doesn't quite seem right, they admit to a minor mistake, and they make it right, unlike Rively.

Save yourself some grief and stay away from Rively.

16. jdomas

jdomas Member

I am having the same problem now as well. I bought a pair of Rx glasses at the Grand and they came in and I couldn't see with them. I sent them back and he corrected them but I still can't see through them. I sent them back a second time and have not been able to contact him for 6-7 weeks. No returned phone calls or e-mails. If he ever does get tehm correct I will not be a repeat customer.

John D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.