1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Ben Carson for President

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by puablo, Feb 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Listened to Dr.Carson on cable the other night; the guy is stellar!
    His speech the other day with Obama already has 2 million hits on youtube...Read the following reporters article about him...

...ABC News' Kari Rea reports:
    It's a forum that isn't known for making news - so Dr. Ben Carson says the buzz created by his speech at last week's National Prayer Breakfast, including a Wall Street Journal staff editorial with the headline "Ben Carson For President" - came as a surprise.
    "I don't think it was particularly political," Carson, the director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins, told ABC's Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl during an interview for " This Week." "You know, I'm a physician. I like to diagnose things. And, you know, I've diagnosed some pretty, pretty significant issues that I think a lot of people resonate with."
    With an audience that included President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden, Carson spoke out about political correctness, health care and taxes at the breakfast. In his roughly 23-minute address, Carson called for a private health care savings plan and a flat tax for all Americans. His address has since gone viral, racking up more than two million views on YouTube.
    The speech isn't Carson's first foray into national politics. In 2008, President George W. Bush awarded the successful brain surgeon the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian honor.
    On Sunday, Carson criticized some of President Obama's policies but also called him a "very talented politician."
    "There are a number of policies that I don't believe lead to the growth of our nation and don't lead to the elevation of our nation," Carson added. "I don't want to sit here and say all of his policies are bad."
    He also offered his diagnosis for today's political environment.
    "What I would like to see more often in this nation is an open and intelligent conversation, not people just casting aspersions at each other," Carson said on "This Week." "I mean, it's unbelievable to me the way people act like third graders. And if somebody doesn't agree with them, they're this and they're that and, you know - it comes from both sides. And it's just so infantile."
    As for his own ambitions, Carson, 61, is retiring from practicing medicine this summer. But he told Jonathan Karl he's not ruling out a future bid for political office.
    "That's not my intention," he said. "But I always say, 'I'll leave that up to God.'"
    To read an excerpt of Carson's 2012 book "America the Beautiful," click HERE.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Let's see, how many electoral votes have libertarian doctors been getting in Presidential races....

3. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

The more important question is can he be nominated in the convoluted Republican primaries some of which allow Democrats to vote. The mamby-pamby "moderate" Republicans certainly haven't been doing very well in getting electoral votes so it is time for a change. I would rather see Dr. Carson run for the Senate in Maryland, "Babs" Mikulski is reportedly retiring and it appears Gov. O'Malley views himself as the heir apparent. Dr. Carson would likely destroy O'Malley in a debate.

4. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Dr. Carson has WAY TOO MUCH INTEGRITY to ever be a politician.

5. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

That is where it has to begin!! Voting in men and women of INTEGRITY!

And getting rid of the scum that is in there NOW!

6. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Why is it every time a relatively intelligent African American says something conservative, the first thing we hear from someone is, he should run for president? And I'm not picking on you "puablo." I think there is some kind of national shame on the part of White Americans in that every time one of these guys comes along they want to put him at the head of the class. As if to say: See, he just like us, but we've kept the Black Man down. So, let show everyone we are sorry and let him give the orders for a while. Just my thoughts.....ERGO: Obammy

7. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

I would like to see him run for the Senate in Maryland because he would have a chance to beat out the lefties who have dominated politics here for decades. No one else is on the horizon who has any hope of doing that.

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hes an awesome man..have met him and spent time talking with him when he was(is) my baby nieces Dr ..she needed surgery twice on her skull due to her infant softspots hardening and preventing her cranium from growing with her causing brain pressure and seizures...He is uncanny in his reasoning and analytical ability and always open minded to reason, not to mention passionate about personal rights and freedoms

9. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

410er...I see your point, but mine is entirely different. I listened to the guy very closely, and from my vantage point, on most points has what I want in a leader...#1-Christian beliefs, common sense (which we have none of in leadership today), equality across the board-everyone pulling their own weight. Super intelligence, coupled with the common sense, which is super rare today!

I will admit, so far I don't know his stance on the gun ownership question, but have to think he's not a gun grabber. That we will find out soon enough.

I totally admire the guy and his mother for the great job she did raising him and his brother. This is what is lacking today in bringing the youth up to mature, successful, contributing adults. In our school I try to do my small part by trying to nurture young adults to see that when they enter the real world, and work force they can be anything and do anything they put their minds to do. That is if they are willing to do a few things in life: Be honest, be loyal-do what you say you are going to do...give a 110%...trust God in all things. You will have 80% of your competition beat, because most are not willing to do the same in today's society.

Just my 2 cents...Jeff/puablo

10. hoot619

hoot619 Member

We need people like him running this Country. What he says makes sense. I sure would vote for him. Ken U

11. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

During the Sunday talk shows, none of the booble-heads mentioned the good Dr. wrong with what he said, they all said it was an inoppurtune time and place. Hell, to them, there is no time and place for this "trash talk"(sarc).

I have a lot more respect for a person like this; regardless of which side he may fall on, then anyone born with the silver spoon in their mouth(Romney) or marrying a rich widow John Kerry, Jaun McCain).

12. plabels466

plabels466 Member

Where was he last year?????? Now we have to wait 4 more years with this scum bag......................

13. puablo

puablo Well-Known Member

Pete,

Ain't it the truth! Hope all is well with you!

Jeff

14. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

Don't get your hopes up. If he starts receiving too much attention the ahole left media will move in to destroy him. They are already out digging up dirt on him. Remember Herman Cain? Look at Rubio, he can't even drink a glass of water without the left raising hell about that.

15. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

If the left doesn't, Karl Rove will.

16. TinMan88

TinMan88 TS Member

See how this works?

David Axelrod Joins NBC News, MSNBC As Senior Political Analyst

Former White House senior advisor David Axelrod joined NBC News and MSNBC as a senior political analyst, the network announced on Tuesday.

17. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

up, just because it should be

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.