1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DPMS .308

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OPUSX, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OPUSX

OPUSX Member

Looking to buy a DPMS .308 and was curious of what experienced users thought.

Tony

2. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

I had a 24" LR308 that worked great both suppressed and un suppressed. I had to put an adjustable gas block on it to work with the can. Too much back pressure otherwise. Would hold 5/8" 5 shot groups with my reloads. Factory mags functioned fine as well. You'll want to get a different trigger and I would recommend a Geissele. They are pricey but, worth EVERY penny!

3. Glass balls

Glass balls Member

I have this one setting around, PM if you are interested. Original box, manuals, 2-19rd mags, 1-5rd, bi-pod, 30mm tube target scope, 24" bull barrel... Less than 150 rnds through it, no scratches...

4. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Glass Balls

PM sent

Ultramag338 Corey

5. SuperMotard

SuperMotard Member

PM Sent Glass Balls

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    mooster, that's interesting. My son's Rock River Arms LAR-8 in .308 works right out of the box with a suppressor.

7. john g.

john g. TS Supporters TS Supporters

Some of the early 308 AR10 had feeding problems. Got rid of the Armilite and back to the M1A.
    The Newer ones have been farly dependable just keep it clean in the bolt area.

John G.

8. mooster1223

mooster1223 Member

I load just a "tad" hot and without the adjustable block, it would nearly rip the rim right off of the cases. I ran the block 3/4 turn open from fully closed and the issue went away. Perfectly reliable. Take the can off and open it another 1/2 turn and rock on!

9. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

I own a DPMS LR308, and it's been a tack driver out of the box. I feed it Lake City Match 168gr BTHP's, and my own formulation LC match brass, 168gr Sierra BTHP, using Varget powder. The picture shows it with a Nikon Monarch. It will shoot 1/2 MOA at 200yards.

Best,
    Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.