1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange XL-1 wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pigkiller, Sep 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

Does anyone know where I can get the reloading data for this wad? I just bought some for 1-ounce loads and can't find recipes anywhere. Thanks in advance.

2. pigkiller

pigkiller Member

I found some recipes in Hodgdon's website, but none for that wad in particular. The closest thing may be the Windjammer recipe.

3. kkeiser

kkeiser TS Member

Recipes are available on the Alliant web site. As Pigkiller mentioned, it appears that recipes for the DRXL-1 and the Windjammer XL-1 are identical.

4. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

The XL-1 wad looks different but it is ballistically the same as the WAA12-SL wad and uses the same data. Don't use any wad pressure on the powder when you insert the wad.

This chart from Downrange shows substitution data:<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Mike Killian

5. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

What Mike said. Use WAA12SL wad data.

6. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I third what Mike said. BTW...its the ONLY wad I even consider for 1 oz. anymore. In my reload combo and gun ... nothing patterns a nicely. Still use 1 1/8 when money is on the line.

7. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I've had issues with plastic fouling with the CB-1100 wad, and have heard that the XL-1 is better in that regard. True?

8. chipking

chipking TS Member

In my guns that has been the case. I have used several of the Downrange wads styles with no wad fouling issues at all. I have yet to find a Claybuster or Remington OEM wad that didn't leave a little of itself in the chokes of my guns.

--- Chip King ---

9. Donm

Donm Active Member

I love the Downrange wads. Can anyone tell me how I can copy the above chart or where I can find it?

10. chipking

chipking TS Member

On my computer I just have to right click on the chart and then a box pops up with "save image as" as one of the options. Click on that then save the picture on your computer where ever you choose with any name you choose.

--- Chip King ---

11. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Donm

Right click on the image above and select "save picture as" and save it as a jpg file to your hard drive.

12. MKillian

MKillian TS Member

The chart used to be on the Downrange web site. It's not there any more and I can't find it anyplace else.

The chart above is the 2009 version. Here is a copy of the new chart from Kevin. If you can't snag if, PM me an email address and I'll send you a .PDF version of this chart. <center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

Mike Killian

13. dverna

dverna Active Member

Kiv-c

I had the same experience with Claybusters and tried the XL-1. Purchased 4 cases of the XL-1 after testing. I clean my barrels every 4-6,000 rounds and I shoot a mix of XL-1's, Windjammers and WAA12's.

I now buy only DR wads for trap target loads.

Don Verna

14. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

I use the DR Jammer XL 1's in the straight-wall hulls for a 1 1/8 oz load with the "windjammer"-type wad. Works perfectly in Gold Medals, Estates, wally-world Fed's, etc. 18 1/4 gr promo, AA, chedite, or fiochi primers give 1175 fps (more/less) and toss the hulls (which are thrown away by the thousands) when once-fired anyway.

The extra-long skirt on the wads seals no matter what the temperature is. Never been disapointed in their performance, only MY ability..........merlyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

down range xl1 wad data

downrange wads jammer xl1 best price

downrange xl1 wads

xl 1 windjammer wads