1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SKB65, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SKB65

SKB65 TS Member

So I have Been using Downrange wads for a while now and i just wanted to know what all of you guys thought of them. I personally think they are an amazing wad best one i have ever used.

2. maka

maka Member

I have been using them for 2yrs plus. Use XL-Green in 1OZ. Rem. Gun Clubs. Can't get any better than that.

3. djcuda

djcuda Member

Great product.I use the figure 8 wads.About 35,000 so far.
    Dave

4. DTrykow

DTrykow Active Member

I use their Blue XL 1 1/8 wads. No problems. I patterned them against Win AA originals and B&P. No differences. Been shooting them for years. Dave T.

5. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I use the Versalites, The green XL-1's, The TGT replacement all with great success. I'll be using them until Kevin shuts the doors (which I hope is never).

ss

6. below 0

below 0 TS Member

I too, have been useing them and am very happy with the results, even in extreme cold weather. I only wish there were better powder - wad info for all the downrange wads...Odie

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<I>" I only wish there were better powder - wad info for all the downrange wads..."</I>

If you know which wad each DR wad replaces you would simply use the loading data for the original wad when loading DR wads:

<center>
    [​IMG]
    </center>

MK

8. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

Their isn't a better wad or a company do deal with

9. JN618

JN618 TS Member

Why would you not use DR? Excellent product.

John

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

JN618- Why not use them? Availability.

11. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I use DownRange wads for the last 2 years and thats all I will use from now on. Easy to load less plastic in the barrels and many types of wads to chose from.

12. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Unkown1

Is the information sheet you have shown above a Downrange sheet or something that an individual has put together? I have not seen that information in any downrange literature I have. Thanks

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Hit, I also had availability problems with Downrange Wads but found that Tim Felty in Alexandria, Kentucky stocks them, has very fair prices and ships promptly. Tim's telephone number is (859) 322-3109.

I did order a case of what I described as "purple eight-petal XL-1" wads from a large western Pennsylvania distributor but received a case of the green four-petal XL-1s. They told me the error was my fault for not specifying that I wanted "Jammer XL-1" wads, required that I pay the shipping to return them and the shipping on the correct item. I found out about Tim in the meantime, so I asked for a refund on the wrong wads when I sent them back. It took over three weeks from when they received the wads back there for them to mail me their check. I had to call twice to remind them and was told both times that they would "try to mail it out next Monday."

Richland Shooter's Supply in Richland, PA stocks some of the DR wads (but not Jammer XL-1s) and Shyda's Gun Shop in Lebanon told me they were not going to order any more when they sell what they have.

OldRemFan, that is a Downrange document - Kevin emailed one to me a few months ago.

Ed

14. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

<I>"Is the information sheet you have shown above a Downrange sheet or something that an individual has put together?..."</I>

That chart came to me directly from Kevin Lewis @ DR.

MK

15. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Great wads, and Kevin Lewis is a great guy to deal with.

I talk to him frequently.

16. crk

crk Member

I think that same list was also published in TrapshootingUSA mag last issue. Great company to deal with.

17. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Thanks guys regarding the downrange info sheet. I like to know what the source is before I trust using information in any reloading procedures. It is quite helpful.

18. Roc'n C

Roc'n C TS Member

If a person is in need of DR wads, I sure that Kevin is always looking for more GOOD people to sell their products, a great way to keep a good product close,
    Chuck

19. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

The XL-1 lime green wad is the best I've ever used.Jerry

20. AEP

AEP Member

Just after Christmas I bought 5,000 to replace the Win WAA12 wads. These work every bit as good. Quite pleased and will buy again.

Andy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

best down range wads

downrange wads
trap range downrange distances
what downrange wad replaces tgt wad