1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange wads "hybrid"

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hardcsh, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hardcsh

Hardcsh Member

Been having problem with Claybuster wads reloading 12 gauge on Dillon reloader that I didn't have using Remington TGT12 wads. One out of 4 bends the top down as the wads is inserted. I have been extremely happy with the Downrange wads I use for my 20 gauge and thought I would try 'em before going back to the more expensive Remington. Downrange's web site shows the TGT12 replacement as their DRRT12. Gamaliel Shooting supply show a DRHRT 12 and the H stands for Hybrid. Since it is after hours and I can't call Downrange, does anyone know the difference between the DRHRT12 Blue/Gray Hull and the DRRT12 Green hull?

2. geeber

geeber Member

Downrange wads

I'm pretty sure the "H" means it is an 8 petal wad instead of four. I use them and love them.

Gary B.

3. Hardcsh

Hardcsh Member

Downrange wads

Gary B.,
    That wasn't in the description and I didn't notice the number of petal difference. Many thanks.

4. ou.3200

ou.3200 Well-Known Member

Downrange wads

Gamaliel has a photo of the DRHRT12 showing it to be a replacement for the TGT12 with 8 petals rather than 4.

5. BeerKing

BeerKing Active Member

Downrange wads

H for 8 petal

6. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Downrange wads

I'm into my first 1000 of the hybreds and love them so far. I'm also a big fan of the Claybuster wads but your problem sounds like a machine problem and not a wad problem. Check your adjustments for wad insertion.

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Downrange wads

I gree with Spanky but I quit claybusters anfter trying downrange. They are awesome

8. PatMiles

PatMiles Well-Known Member

Downrange wads

Hardcsh,

Call Dillon and have them send you a new wad guide (#16681). Had the same problem with DR wads until I replaced the wad guide.

Pat

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

Downrange wads

Toss 'em in the dryer at low for 10min and you'll be happy with the results.

10. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Downrange wads

If you ask Claybuster for a sample of a wad to try, you'll get it. Not sure how Downrange handles it. Bought my hybrids by word of mouth.

What would you like Claybuster to do for you? Just curious.

Quality Product at a decent price. Better priced than most.

Sure it would be nice to get them for $2.00 a bag but that's not happening any time soon.

11. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Downrange wads

I don't see any difference in patterns between Downrange's 4-petal and the 8-petal Fig 8 wads. Kevin says that he doesn't see any either or any other differences for that matter. He said he came out with the 8-petal wad because there seemed to be enough interest from die-hard Windjammer fans to take the chance. Time will tell.

Keller

12. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Downrange wads

Last 2 cases I have bought of DRW were both "Hybrids" Figure 8's and TGT's I cannot tell any patterning differences and they are easy to use. Scott

13. geeber

geeber Member

Downrange wads

The Downrange 8 petal wad, in a paper Federal case, plasters targets. A paterning board is fine, but it's not the same as swinging through a fast moving target. That's just my opinion.

Gary B.

14. missemucho

missemucho Member

Downrange wads

I asked one of my buddies to pick me up some wads when he went to the Missouri Handicap this year. I asked for the DR copy of the Figure 8; what I got was a case these yellow 8 petal jobs. After picking myself up (I had visions of the problems I used to have trying to load windjammers) I decided to make the best of a bad situation and try them.

Wow was I surprised! Instead of the tangled 8 petals I fought in the past these wads loaded perfectly! Just as slick as the 4 petal versions; that's a first for me and windjammers. Another great DR product, IMHO.
    John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

downrange hybrib wads

downrange hybrid shotgun wads

downrange hybrid wads

downrange wad problem dra12h

downrange wads

drhrt downrange

green figure 8 hybrid wad