1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange Wad?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tracyhunter, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Too damm bad DR can not afford a decent web site.

2. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Here is the Downrange PDF from my web site. It has all the loads that are in their 2007 brochure. Omaha

3. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

if you guys would try the DR wads you would not use anything else just clean your barrel good before you use them so you wont have to clean it again its the best out there for the new AA dont catch on the base liner rick

4. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

Ive used about 25,000 of them and I like them a LOT more than claybusters fakes. They are much better than regular Win. AA wads and Rem. wads also. The only other wads I think are almost as good are Dusters. Claybusters are waaay to flimsy!

5. oletymer

oletymer Member

I just got another case of the DRA1 pink wads but I have to say as Tracyhunter stated they need to get the website up to date. I have talked to Kevin at length about this and nothing happens. They make a good product but trying to get information is a pain.
    Karl

6. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Omaha-can you read that info? To small for me. Ricks1, I shoot 80%DR wads both 12ga and 20 ga ave 400-500 per week.I like the neon green and the blue wads but they have more wads to offer but no loading data.The best 20 ga wad out is the dvr-20.Find me load data on that wad. Better yet how about a picture.Ken x- is't that duster web great.I am not bitching about the product just the web site.I did not call Browning, Beretta,or Krieghoff to find out how to shoot my gun's.I am not going to call Kevin or anyone else at DR to get product info. It should be on DR's web site.

7. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

data for all of Downrange Mfg wads is available from the popular powder manufacturers web sites, in print in thier free publications. It is also available in print in the pay for publications such as Hodgdons annual manual and the Lymans #5 reloading manual. As a side note the Versalite wad has been around for decades and the previously distributed load data has not changed.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

8. omahasportingsupply

I have to take off my glasses and use the zoom key to read the PDF. I didn't want to alter it as it is the same as the day Kevin sent it to me. I just put it up as a service to my customers and TS posters. I usually check my Hodgdon's 2007 book or a powder mfgr. web site for specifics. Omaha

9. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

Omaha, tk's for the info. I think I will continue to use the dvr-20 and go with dusters when the neon's are gone.In 1956-57 I was stationed at SAC hdqt's haven't been back to omaha since. I'll bet the town has changed.I started trap shooting as a retirement hobby and like to keep things simple.The reloading thing is just something i enjoy doing.The duster web is simple to use.Tk's again. trace

10. sniper1969

sniper1969 TS Member

You will not find a better product on the market than downrange wads! The people who own and run the company are first class! If your looking for a wad that will load and not gum up your barrel it's the only one to use!You will notice how easy they slide into your empty every time with devation! If you have never tried them do yourself a favor and do so,you won't be disapionted. RON WATSON

11. omahasportingsupply

Mike, Shipped to what zip code? Kevin, steady now.... steady.

Tracy, I have been in Bellevue since 1978 and I can't even believe the changes. Papillion and Bellevue have almost grown together. Last population for Bellevue was 45,000+ and has overtaken Grand Island as the third largest city in NE. Friday nights I shoot at Offutt Gun club. It is fun from post 1 when an EC135 comes in when you call for the bird. LOL. We sometimes interrupt the Pondos for a minute while the crews do touch and goes. They circle right over my house every night. It is a great place to live. IMHO Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.