1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DownRange wad ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by esoxhunter, Nov 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I just received a sample of the new DownRange wad that replaces the TGT 12 wad. They reload nice. I am going up to Wisconsin for the holidays in a couple of weeks. I usually get my reloading supplies at Midwestern Shooters Supply or Recob's Target Shop. As I want to stock up on components I wanted to buy some of these wads. However, neither place has these wads in stock. I have loaded the DownRange XL-1 wad and liked them. What is the difference in the 2 wads? I load only 1 oz. loads in STS or Gun Club hulls. Thanks. Ed

2. k-gunguy

k-gunguy Member

Recobs does have them, they were 75.00 for 5000, I opted to get the TGT-12, since I didn't have any samples to try.
    Gaz

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I'll have to give them a call when I'm up there. According to their website they were out of them. Maybe they haven't updated the website. Actually I think the XL-1 wads are cheaper and reload well also. Just wondering if there is any real difference in the 2 wads. Thanks. Ed

4. JonP

JonP Member

Just loaded my samples as well. The big difference with the TGT-12 and the clone (DRRT-12) over the XL-1 is that the base of the shot cup is a little higher and hence the loading data for some 7/8 oz. loads using the TGT-12 - that's what I just loaded (7/8 oz.) to see if they loaded the same as the TGT's with 7/8 oz. Seemed to load the same. The Hot Pink DRXXL's (specifically made for 7/8 oz.) do crimp better. But if your looking to keep your inventory to one wad for 7/8 oz. and 1 oz. the DRRT & TGT's would be the way to go. The TGT's will also load a
    1 1/8 oz. load with a dense powder like Titegroup (Nitro 27 equivalent I think).

I don't know how the prices compare yet between the XL-1, DRXXL, and the DRRT's. Right now I think I'll stick with the XL-1's and DRXXL's Unless the prices are about the same.

Jon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

what downrange wad replaces tgt wad