1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange Wad Question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by ultramag338, Jan 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

Gary we shot the 25 sample wads and they loaded well. Pattern was great but the price kills it for me. My two cents. Corey

2. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Check the DR <I>Retailers List</i>

There are 6 listed in California, 1 in Oregon and 3 in Washington.

These listed may be distributors so if there's one reasonably close to you, call them and find out if they supply any local shops with wads.

Keller

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

If you are going to shoot them in straight walled cases I might suggest that you get them to send you a free sample then try one of them for fit in the straight wall case. There is a post or 2 on Shotgunworld.com complaining about the downrange 12sxx wads being a poor fit in the straight walled case (with pictures). The claybuster 6100-12 and 2118-12 look like better fits.

--- Chip King ---

4. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

I quit shooting Federals when the only wad I could get was the Clay Buster. I would collapse 1 in 5 cases due to stiff plastic. When I got some of the Down Range 12S3 wads they worked great. I don't know about the 8 pedal wad but at over $100 per 5000 I am not buying.

5. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

"I would collapse 1 in 5 cases due to stiff plastic"

How so??

6. Reinz

Reinz Member

yeah, it's the shipping that is a killer.

I'm a dealer, and can only add $1.00 a bag profit and it comes out to the same price you are paying.

7. Bill Hom

Bill Hom TS Supporters TS Supporters

I received the samples of both the new DR 8 petal wads. Loaded the 12s3 clones in Top Gun cases with Fio 616, 18.0 gr Red Dot. Good seal,good pattern and excelent crimps. I absolutely love the 8 petal figure 8 clone. Same load in STS case, 16 yard target smoker. Picked up spent wads, all petals were perfectly flared. Try Larry Stockman at Northwest Shot in Phoenix Or. or George at Coon Creek Trap & Skeet in Lincoln Ca. If they do not have them, I am sure that they can get them.Bill Hom-Chico Ca.

8. hehawboy

hehawboy Member

I use clay busters 4118 8 pedal wads and they work great .cheap prices at midsouthshooters.com best prices online

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.