1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange PC wads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by duke76, Jun 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duke76

duke76 Member

I am looking for a recipe for Downrange Pattern control wads, The powder I am going to use is Promo or Green Dot, anybody have any suggestions I am looking for around 1200 fps but have not found any loading recipes for this wad.

2. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Click on the link above. It shows loads for Green Dot and Red Dot using PC wads. I'm assuming you're wanting 1 1/8oz loads. The info is for Rem STS hulls. Thanks David

3. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Sorry the link didn't work, just go to the Alliant site above and then go to the reloading data.

4. 8 1/2 shot

8 1/2 shot TS Member

I have used up several cases of that wad. I use STS and WW with 18.3 Promo. The 1 1/8 chrono at 1170 in my gun, the 1 oz at 1200, the 7/8 (using WW wads here) at about 1220. Your barrel may be different. Load up a few and chrono em.

5. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

I put a link up to the PDF file of the 2007 Downrange booklet since Kevin may still be in PA. You will need to zoom it up bigger, but the last couple of pages have recipes specifially for most Downrange wads. Omaha

6. darr

darr Well-Known Member

If you are talking about the Red Pattern control I load 21grs. Green Dot Red Pattern Control Rem. STS or Gun Club Rem. 209p primer with 11/8.This is 1200 fps @8500 psi.Source Reloading for shotgunners 4th Ed.If you would like 1oz data for the Purple Pattern Control I have that also.Also the bags of wads come with a sheet of data in them.

Darr

7. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

We are in Doniphan NEBRASKA this week with the owner and the Downrange trailer. Kevin is off on some PA shoot. Downrange prides itself on having little plastic buildup. I bought a gun recently and decided to clean it before it came to Doniphan. I kept the one choke with the buildup to show Downrange customers. When I cleaned the other choke, the plastic buildup came out like a snake skin. Stop by the practice range and I will show you if you want to see. From Doniphan ... Omaha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

pattern control wads reloading data