1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange Mfg. Shotshells

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gcbluerock, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

While Kevin is in PA at the state shoot heres the latest rumor to chew on. Word has it that the Downrange Mfg factory that turns out all those wads we use may have a new line of low recoil high velocity ammunition available soon. Anyone else heard anything along these lines?

2. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

I would love to see a small American company that are shooters themselves do this. If one could produce a good quality shell priced considerably lower than Gun Clubs, Estates or Top Guns the presses would be running 24 hours a day. Even though Downrange is not my first choice, I believe they are a good product, produced and managed by good people that actually care about shooters in general.

3. Old Doc

Old Doc Member

Low recoil high velocity ammunition is an oxymoron. D Winter

4. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

I talked to Kevin the end of May at a shoot. He mentioned then that they were working on it. Wouldn't give much more information.Steve

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

HMMM,,,,

A high quality load in a Cheddite hull. Please make sure it is primed with the CX2000 (Red sealer), so available Cheddites will fit. The CX1000's (Black sealer) are oversized like Rios.

Also, low, low brass.

I will accept empties.

I LOVE LOADING THE CHEDDITE HULL!!!!!!

6. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

I would support such a shell, I just recieved a case of there 1oz purple wad yesterday....I love them

7. psfive

psfive Member

Maybe they only want to sell them to the people that use Downrange wads. Paul

8. R.Kipling

R.Kipling Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what the size of the market would be, but I believe it would be bigger than one might suspect. I suggest a 7/8 oz. +/- 1200 speed load of #8's for all the STCP shooters, and anyone that wants some light recoil loads.

Training, introduction, recreational shooting, Skeet, medical, youth and women shooters all need something that doesn't kick them right out of the game. With the right promotion..........?

Kip

9. dr.t

dr.t TS Member

If Downrange really wanted to make an impact on selling a shotshell with the Downrange name, resurrect the old AA hull with a Downrange wad and you might be on to a WINNER! Just my thoughts.

10. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

Kevin ......... Kevin .............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.