1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DOWNRANGE MFG LLC OBTAINS DUSTER WADS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DoRaMa, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    DOWNRANGE OBTAINS DUSTER WADS **NEWS FLASH**

DownRange Manufacturing, maker of premium wads, is excited about a new venture. Micro Technologies of Reedsburg, WI has eliminated the Duster wads from their product line. Fear not Duster users! DownRange has obtained the Duster tooling and will continue the Duster line of WAA replacement wads in all gauges, .410, 28, 20, 12.
    We look forward to continue to serve the needs of shooting enthusiasts through our advanced technology and innovations.

Thank You

Kevin Lewis

Plant Manager

402-463-3415

2. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

What about the plastic material to be used in the tooling you just acquired... I've always appreciated the ultra "slick" feel/ease of use, of the Duster Wads and the lack of wad fouling in the barrels...

Can I come expect the same level of quality in materials and manufacturing under DownRange, that I enjoyed under MT?!

Thanks in advance for responding to my post,

Jay

3. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Spitter, I can't speak for those at Downrange, but the Downrange wad is already super slick and if that's an indication, I'm sure you won't have any worries about the Dusters.

Hauxfan!

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

Downrange makes the best wad on the market with the Spolar Wad. Fred

5. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Gents, I appreciate the feedback... the last couple of seasons, tried to win some of those DR wads give-aways to try... no luck!

Glad to know my Dusters will be here for many years to come.

regards all,

Jay

6. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If you try a DR you will toss the dusters

7. DoRaMa

DoRaMa Member

4170 N. Gun Powder Circle, Hastings NE 68901
    Hello Folks!

Do to the flood of emails. And my dislike for typing. I'm going to address a few questions here.

Q-What are you changing?!?!?!

A- WELL, we bought the molds and their raw material inventory. (We will stay with the same plastic as long as it passes all the ballistic tests at Downrange and at the powder manufactures.) We will start these tests 4/9/2013.

Q- Are you changing the colors?

A-Yes, but the Blue Duster will still be blue ect. Just a different shade, this is for sight identification. (Sorry, the product liability folks say we have to do this.)

Q-How will I know MT LLC product from Downrange product?

A-Both products will be shown on our web site, identifying each manufacture.

Folks, I spent last week is the MT LLC plant in Reedsburg WI watching these molds run. At this time, (without any current ballistic reports) I’m VERY comfortable with everything I saw. Sharon, Ronnie and the staff do a very good job molding parts!

Thanks

Kevin

8. creek

creek Member

Hopefully, DR doesn't change their 28g blue wads due to the aquisition of Dusters. Several of us have had problems with 28g Dusters on the skeet range, then changed to DR blues and the problems disappeared.

You can't beat DR wads in all gauges,

John

9. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

Kevin,

Will you be keeping the Green and Clear Dusters?

10. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

I've been using Green and Blue Dusters for years. I'm with spitter, I hope DR can make them as good. IMO the best wads made.

Wayne

11. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

I use DR wads too, but by no means would I not purchase Claybuster either. It's all about availability.

As far as plastic fouling, I would like to challenge the post who stated they have "No plastic build up." I have been using exclusively the DRXL blue wad and the DRRFIG8. These are great wads and feed nicely however there is fouling in the forcing cones and choke tubes. I use a 20mm bore brush to remove the plastic fouling in my forcing cones and I use a razor blade to scrape out the majority of the plastic fouling in my choke tubes.

I honestly believe plastic fouling is going to happen regardless of what wad I use. This is my experience and I am sure I am not the only one. You're experience may be different with different guns, but both my BT-100 and my current 682 Gold E get plastic fouling.

Bryan

12. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Brilliant. I use the 28ga Dusters exclusively in AAHS 28ga now (its tough to find a good component combo that fits properly in these hulls), and use the 20ga Dusters when I can't find the RXP20s locally. Hopefully this will mean it'll be much easier to source the Duster wads in the future (Recob's was where I bought my Duster wads from, and they refuse to ship ammunition or components to NYS now).

13. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

You guys need to try the Spolar Wad made by Down Range. Just an excellent fit and loadability. Fred

14. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Fred, you're not wrong recommending the Spolar wads. I just had them tested and thought you might be interested in the test results:

1 1/8 oz. load (493 gr) 1196 FPS/9152 PSI

Rem STS hull
    Win. 209 Primer
    19.0 Alliant Green Dot
    Spolar wads

Larry

15. bluskyshooter

bluskyshooter Active Member

Larry,
    Are you speaking of the Spolar wad that looks like a AA ... or the one that looks like a Windjammer ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

downrange mfg llc

duster wads now manufactured by downrange as of june 2013

looking for 20ga doster wads

micro-technologies llc duster wads