1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange FIG-8/Windjammer Marrage

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Border Bandit, Jan 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

There was a sample bag of Kevin's new wads on the porch when we returned from the Ohio adventure. Dunno the product number, yet, but it's a combination/marriage of the ever popular "Fig-8" and the 8 petal Windjammer designed for tapered hulls such as the Remington STS/Nitro. Thankfully Keven gave up on the Bright red and selected a yellow that nicely disappears when shot. The wad loaded well in my P/W 800+ and used the same settings as Dicksie Spolar's Gold 1 1/8oz Windjammer style wads, which I'm using now. I shot the ones Keven sent, following a box loaded with the Spolar Gold's for the Handicap event at the Tri-State Shoot on Sunday and could tell no difference. I'm shooting 19.9gr of American Select in Remington Nitro Hulls with Remington Primers and 1 1/8oz of #7 1/2 West Coast shot. In my gun the Spolar's chronograph at 1,235fps and I didn't have enough to test the new wad; but would not expect much difference. The wad is 0.3gr heavier than the Spolar. Like all Windjammer style wads, toss 'em in the dryer for 10min & you're good to go.

best...mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.