1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downrange Econo Fig8?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JN618, Feb 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JN618

JN618 TS Member

Has anyone had any experience with a Downrange Economy type Fig8 replacement. I have seen them sell for around $65 per 5000. Any problems? Likes/Dislikes?

Thanks,

John

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

If Downrange makes it, it is good! Kevin has yet to disappoint me with what he offers.

ss

3. Shooter100

Shooter100 TS Member

I have shot about 2500 of them with excellant results. Another good wad from Downrange.

Harry

4. plinker611

plinker611 Member

the only thing i didnt like was they are un stiched,and when im running my ponsness i have 8-10 wads in left hand,then you have to mess with hitchhikers,slows you down a bit,other wise cant tell the diff,mark

5. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

I tried a bag and they were as good as his RF-8 wads.

Kevin doesn't make a stitched wad that I'VE used so they are no different in handling than any of his other wads. They are not the same virgin plastic as his others so Kevin admits you may get some plastic accumulation in the barrel/choke; how much you get will depend on the barrel finish and the choke. I got enough to see in my XT barrels but if you're not a clean-it-when-you-can't-see-down-the-barrel gun slob, it isn't be an issue.

MK

6. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Since I started using downrange wads my experience has been that I have less of a plastic build up issue than I have had using other wads,I tried a bag of the econo fig8 to load up some sporting clay loads they worked great.Jerry

7. Ifitfliesitdies

Ifitfliesitdies Member

Wow! Where do you get them for $65.00 per 5000?

Please let me know as I need a couple of cases.

Thanks!

Tom

8. missemucho

missemucho Member

Used abut 3500 of the Fig 8 copies so far with no problems. The price is right and I agree; Downrange makes great wads.
    John

9. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

DR = Top Quality

10. crk

crk Member

Loaded 10,000 of the regular plastic FIG8 and about 1000 of the Fig8 in the BIO-WAD style. All loaded and shot/patterned as expected.

11. 7 straight

7 straight Member

where can you get them in upstate new york

12. mx2005

mx2005 TS Member

John Been loading them for a while now and no problems at all they are a excellent product. Pat

13. Hivoltfl

Hivoltfl Member

distributer gave me 50 of these wads I loaded them in GC hulls with GD, I liked them broke every target I pointed the gun at.

Rick

14. cp

cp TS Member

I guess we are not going to find out where you can purchase them for $65.00.

15. jdsfarms

jdsfarms Well-Known Member

Connies has them for 64.99.Jerry

16. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

As far as I'm concerned these are the best value in wads on the market. They load well, don't leave much residue, and pattern just like the originals. Kevin and the crew continue to put quality on the market at reasonable prices.

17. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

As far as I'm concerned these are the best value in wads on the market. They load well, don't leave much residue, and pattern just like the originals. Kevin and the crew continue to put quality on the market at reasonable prices.

18. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

19. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

20. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Longhorn... Lemme splain bout the net and your computer. You hit submit, and then you wait for the action on the net. It is mostly NOT instantaneous. Get a grip on your lack of patience will ya?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.