1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Downers Grove Super Bowl Shoot 2/3/13***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Harv Shell, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Downers Grove Sportsmen's Club in Morris, Il. will be hosting our 1st Annual Super Bowl Shoot on February 3, 2013, Super Bowl Sunday.<br>
    <br>
    The shoot and luncheon will conclude before 3pm, so that everyone will have time to enjoy the game at the place of their choice. Entries will be limited to 100.<br>
    <br>
    This is a 50 target non-registered program with a $55.00 entry fee including all options and a great lunch & beverage. Options include a 3 place purse, 3 place lewis, special event entry, pool, and long run front & back. Luncheon only will be available for $10.00<br>
    <br>
    The program will consist of 25- 16 yard targets, and 25- handicap targets. Handicap yardage will be 16 yard score plus 2 yards, with a minimum yardage of 20. <br>
    <br>
    All payouts will be made during/after the luncheon, except the pool, which will be mailed. Payoff sheets will be mailed to all participants.<br>
    <br>
    Registration has begun, and will close 2/3/13 at 9:15am with the special event starting at 9:30am sharp. Questions or to register email Harv Shell at the above email, drop the xx's. Program will be available at www.presquad.com after 1/1/13. Come on out and enjoy a fun day of shooting and fellowship with a great meal.

2. Dodgers28

Dodgers28 Member

Harvey,

Great idea, I would love to attend but I have already registered for the Lakeview Wisconsin Super Bowl Shoot. I know a number of Illinois shooters go up there and I want to see you be successful at Downers Grove. Any chance of holding this shoot on the day of the Daytona 500? There used to be a race shoot in Wisconsin and they drew a great crowd, if not - I understand. Glad to see you are doing this and I would love to attend - maybe next time

Dodger Boy

3. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Harv

Hope it is successful as well.Wish I could make it but been going to Lakeveiw for 10 yrs or better. We need shoots like this in the area!

Mark

4. Harv Shell

Thanks guys, that's why I'm doing it. I think we have enough shooters in the area to make a good shoot, that wouldn't drive up to Wisconsin. Maybe some day it will get big enough $$$$ to keep you guys home too. Good luck, Merry Christmas & Happy New Years to you. Harv

5. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Up for Harv. he is one of the Good Guy's

6. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Harvey:
    If you would change the date, I have a few car loads of wisconsin shooters that would drive up. I don't know why you would pick a the date of SE Wisconsin's best winter shoot. I checked and there are 364 other dates still left, I hope this doesn't have anything to do with the Packers beating the Bears again..........Tom

7. Harv Shell

Very simple Tom, we have plenty of shooters in Illinois that don't go to Lakeview. I have been to Lakeview quite a few times, never saw you there. Harv

8. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Please don't take this wrong, there are a lot of IL. shooters that come to Lakeview and perhaps if you had a shoot several may not come. What makes the shoot in Lakeview is that we have a nice IL turn out. Since I want ever shoot to do well and have large numbers, I also enjoy seeing the IL guys every year and most that show are great shooters.
    Once again i'm sure there would be a bunch to shooters from wisconsin that would love to come to your club and shoot a money shoot!
    I shoot in IL every year, and you may not of noticed me at Lakeview, but i'm sure the other two winners of last years shoot did. Merry Christmas from Wisconsin and good luck with your shoot!

9. Harv Shell

Thanks John, Mark & Tom. Entries are rolling in already, shoot will be on presquad.com 1/2/13.<br> Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all. Harv

10. Dodgers28

Dodgers28 Member

Harvey

Would love to shoot - but the thought of being able to shoot against "The Best In Illinois" is just too much of a challenge! I have little to no chance of beating him but you have to set your sights high! Glad the entries are rolling in, I am trying to figure out how to shoot them both!

Merry X-Mas

Dodger Boy

11. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

Up for Harv and a great club.

12. Harv Shell

Presquadding will be open online at the website above starting tomorrow, 1/8/13. Thanks for all the inquiries, looks to be a good time. Harv

13. Harv Shell

You DO NOT have to be a registered shooter to shoot this event, ALL shooters are welcome. If you have trouble with prequad.com, email me to take care of it. Drop the xx's in the email. Harv

14. Lurefish

Lurefish Member

Can't wait, this shoot will be alot of fun. I would think the Central Zone shooters that frequent Downers Grove SC will be coming.........Ken Jeffries

15. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Sent a mssg to my bro in law J Ulaszek who used to be treasurer, I believe taunting him so I.can whip his behind, his reply was ok if its not too cold, Illinois sissy, lol.

16. Harv Shell

Jerry is one of the good guys Sarge, I think you hit the BIL lottery. I guess it's tough to take a guy who loves summers on the lake and put him in the field in February. I hope he shows, it's only 50 targets, lol.<br>
    I'm calling out our shooting friends from the Peoria and Kankakee area to show up and take some DGSC dollars home, if they can. Harv

17. petey

petey Member

I have shot the Lakeview super bowl shoot in the past, not missing anything!

Very poorly matched banks! I live by Madison WI and would drive to Downers Grove

before I would go back to Lakeview.

18. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

So" petey" they can expect to see you there. Or are you just bashing other clubs ? That is not what this post is about. Harv will put on a good shoot and do it on his own . I would attend any of Harvs shoots just have prior arrangements. Good luck with your shoot Harv.

19. K-Hornet

K-Hornet Member

This should be a good shoot, maybe a few from Chillicothe SC will make it up for this also, a good bunch of guys there too. Al

20. Harv Shell

Should be a pretty nice day for a shoot, mid 20's and mostly money, err sunny, lol. Come on out for a fun day and the start of an annual tradition, years from now you can say "yep, I was at the first DGSC Superbowl Shoot!". That, and a buck, will get you coffee at McDonalds. Harv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.