1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downers Grove SC Scholastic Benifit Shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by k1200ltc509, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

ALL SHOOTERS ARE INVITED TO A DINNER/BENIFIT SHOOT FOR OUR SCTP PROGRAM

Downers Grove SC will be hosting a benifit Dinner and Shoot to raise funds for the Scholastic Clay Target Program team members. The team was started two years ago, and each year we have sent one squad with an alternate to the Grand American. The SCTP program is administered by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, and is desiged to introduce young men and women into all of the Clay Target Sports in a safe and positive manner.

We will again this year be serving a BBQ Brisket Dinner with trimmings for a donation of $10.00. After dinner we will shoot whatever games that the shooters wish to shoot. Also, there will be a silent auction, door prizes, 50-50 raffles, all to raise funds for the team. 100% of all the profits go directly to the team. There is a 50/50 split to the winners of the games.

The date of the shoot is November 3rd, 2007 and dinner will be served promptly at 2pm, raffle completed then the shooting begins. Bring lots of shells and shoot as little or as much as you like. Team members will be present and may even shoot once or twice.

If anyone wishes to donate an item for the silent auction that they have no need for I would surely take the item and put it to good use. All donors will be recognized. I will have a listing of bids on this site for individuals that wish to make proxy bids on any of the items. I was impressed with the items donated last year, we had a silent auction with prizes ranging from a Private Clinic with AA Leo H, pheasant hunts, a Warwick guncase from Paul and other items to numerous to mention.

If you need any further information please contact me as necessary. Please put SCTP Benifit in the subject line. Thanks in advance. Rick Gibbs

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

TTT hope everyone is out shooting a few rounds off today. Some very nice prizers donated by some very generous people.

3. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Okay, we have had several people make very generous donations for raffle prizes, and items for the silent auction the day of the shoot. I know it is the opener for Pheasant Season, but you can't hunt all day long. I have raffle tickets for sale 1 for $10.00 and 3 for $20.00. I will have a list of silent auction items if any one would like to send me a bid or even bid by phone. Good food and good targets. Thanks, Rick Gibbs

4. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Congrats to Rick Gibbs, he center punched 99 in the Handicap Championship at the Grundy County Fall Handicap yesterday. Great shooting Rick!! Maybe the trap gods smiled on you for all the work you do with the SCTP program. One of his SCTP shooters bought him in the special event for $30, turned out to be a pretty good investment. Harv Shell.

5. RSHOOTER870

RSHOOTER870 TS Member

great shooting the bone

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Harv-

Any plans to publish results from the events yesterday, along with the scores from the special event?

Scott

7. Harv Shell

Scott, I will bring the results sheet in tomorrow & e-mail it to Marco Polo for posting. I can tell you the special event was Rick Gibbs 99 - John Mcquade 98 - Chuck Stank 97 - and I don't recall the lone 96 in the special event.

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Oh you guys are too kind! It was just a lot of hard work and the right coaching. It was more rewarding that one of my "kids" thought enough of my abilities to shell out enough to buy me. She did make some money for her college fund.

Two SCTP shooters that shot the event were also winners.
    Mary Bellus shot 95 in the second handicap program to end up in a three way tie with fellow SCTP shooter Adam Clayton who also shot a 95 for runner-up in their yardage group. They both lost in a reverse score tiebreaker, but are champions indeed. I wish that I could have coached Mary another year or two. And she did find me a 4 leaf clover, it had to help with my shooting.

I will have a list of silent auction prizes up soon if some one would like to bid on them. I do have raffle tickets for sale. One for $10.00, 3 for $20.00 Grand prize is a Lake Michigan Salmon Charter, second is a Benelli Nova 26" camo 12 ga. And third is a pheasant hunt for two at Erianna hunt club.

9. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

RESULTS FROM THE GRUNDY COUNTY FALL HANDICAP<br>
    10-24-2007<br>
    Preliminary Handicap <br>
    <br>
    19-21 yd - 1st Justin Hunter 98<BR>
    19-21 yd - RU John Ohlson 97<BR>
    22-23 yd - 1st Scott Thompson 95<br>
    22-23 yd - RU Jim Olin 94<br>
    24-25 yd - 1st Frank Bentley Sr.<br>95
    24-25 yd - RU Richard Krueger 94<br>
    26-27 yd - 1st Steve Johnson 96<br>
    26-27 yd - RU John McQuade 95<br>
    <br>
    Championship Handicap<br>
    Champion Rick Gibbs 99<br>
    Runner-Up John McQuade 98<br>
    19-21 yd - 1st Dean Merkle 96<br>
    19-21 yd - RU Greg Nutt by reverse score over 95<br>
    Mary Bellus and Adam Clayton<br>
    22-23 yd - 1st Chuck Stank 97<br>
    22-23 yd - RU Greg VanDuyne 96<br>
    24-25 yd - 1st Tim Dollaske 96<br>
    24-25 yd - RU Wayne Wagner 94<br>
    26-27 yd - 1st Tad Horton 95<br>
    26-27 yd - RU Frank Bentley III 94<br>

10. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Okay folks here are some on the Silent Auction items if you should care to proxy bid on the. I would like for you to email me direct and I will respond to you confirming that I received your bid. Winning bid amounts will be posted on this thread.

I have two, Half-day Lake Michigan fishing charters for the 2008 season. Both are charters for up to six persons, and both begin out of Winthrop Harbor which is on the Wisconsin/Illinois borders. Licenses must be purchased separate. Charters will be bid as Charter #1, or Charter #2.

Signed and Numbered print titled "Practice" by Pritko. Print is unframed, and I believe the # is 273. The total number is 400 and the plate has been destroyed, so no more will be made. Can any one post a pic of this print for me? I tried to locate it with a search on here, but couldn't locate the thread.

An afghan donated by a club member, I don't know what pattern it is.

Severaly more items will be offerred. I will list them as they become available. Thanks, Rick Gibbs

11. Harv Shell

Come out this Saturday for some good food, fun games and to support a great group of kids!!! Harv

12. Harv Shell

13. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

BTT for all! Weatherman says it will be in the low 60's, clear and no wind on saturday. Don't worry about the price of shot ($62.99 @ the new Bass Pro shop in town!), we will sell you all of the shells that you want. YOu might even win a box or two. Everyone that buys a dinner ticket will win something shooting related.

Several more items have been donated from indiciduals for the silent auction, and they are as follows.

Either a 2 day, one day, or private one day clinic with Leo Harrison III. YOu can attend any clinic with Leo anywhere in the world, but if you choose to travel to him for a clinic location you must get there on your own. Generously donated by Leo and Karla. We will be hosting clinics with Leo at our club after the Great Lakes Grand, and will be glad to hold a spot for you in any of his clinics!

A Warwick Single barrel, take-down case, black in color. Donated to the cause by Paul himself for this and last years event.

Gift Certificate from Betty's Embroidery for clothing or embroidery your choice. Donated by Betty H!

I have two beautiful afghans Donated by Bill Haas's wife. One is red, white, and black which I am told is Christmas colors, and the other one is a solid light green colored.

A Plano plastic box that turns into a gun care station for handguns or longguns. Donated by Bone.

Several pictures and DU prints will be available. I don't have the details on them as of yet. Some of the items will have low starting bids, most will not have a starting bid.

After dinner and door prizes we will shoot whatever games the crowd wants to play. We will have the wobble open, 27 yard protections, killers, 27 yard skeet protection (tu-tus are optional of course!) Bushwhackers whatever. 50% payback to the winners!

I will continue to take proxy bids until I leave for the club saturday morning. Thanks, in advance. Rick Gibbs.

14. Harv Shell

Mr. Gibbs, why do you prima donna trapshooters always have to make fun of us skeeters, can't we all just get along? Oh, and will the 5 stand be open? Just thought I would beat someone to asking. Harv.

15. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Well Mr. Shell let me tell you... We do not discriminate against the "skeeter" at this club! In fact a second-hand clothing store there in town has agreed to donate used tu-tus for the kids to shoot in next year so we will open our Scholastic Program up to skeet shooting. I myself am going to put away the trap barrel tomorrow after the shoot, drag out the Kolar subgage set, load a bazillion rounds of 410 out of one 25lb bag on my Spolar Gold hydraulic, and try to get me some of those"skeets"! How was that for some crass comercialization? If I could just get a different recipe to make the "skeet" a bit more tasty...

The 5-stand will be open, along with the new walk-thru course. For those of you that don't know we are building a Sporting Clays course on the property that is turning out to be really nice! I have not shot it yet, but plenty have. So I guess it is time to buy a sporting clays gun. And find a recipe for those midis, minis, chondelles, etc. See you all tomorrow, Rick Gibbs

16. guncase

guncase TS Member

Rick,, you should be able to kick Harv's butt in all the games,, especially trap. Since he sold the best trap gun he ever had!! I only regret that I couldn't afford to buy it back!! PAUL

17. FelixD

FelixD Member

Hey Rick, Harv,

With comments like yours you don't wonder why more club members don't come out to club shoots do you?

18. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

FelixD you really need to take a chill pill. If you knew either Harv or myself you would know that the comments were meant in jest. It got to be really annoying when Harv would post an ATA shoot on here and someone would always ask if the 5-stand was open. Was that you by any chance? Harv always made sure that people could shoot either trap, skeet, or 5-stand the day of an ATA shoot, unlike the previous group that would say if you don't like it go somewhere %$&*#&^ else to shoot. I am one of the directors of the club and if you have an issue you should contact me directly thru my club email address or the one posted here. I am approachable about club issues with anyone if you should so desire.

Paul you are right my friend. I don't want to bring up any scores that Harv shot at the Grundy County Handicap with his new gun, but I think the initials of the guy that won it are RLG, and I think that he also shoots a kolar. The case is here, thanks so very much. I will send you a package soon! The best to you, Rick Gibbs

19. FelixD

FelixD Member

Rick, Has attendence gone up or down at club shoots in the last two years?

20. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Felix I want to preface this reply by how I feel. I don't usually give serious consideratio to the the "anoyomous types" on here. I think that they have to hide for some reason. I honestly don't know if club shoot attendance is up or down. I shot one last spring way at the beginning of the season, and I didnt shoot another. But I will tell you this, and you can quote me on this. If you think that the comments that Harv and I made on this forum had anything to do with the fact that attendance was up or down at club shoots you are pulling a rabbit out of your hat for the next trick! I don't know if you are just trolling or what, and I really don't care.

If club shoot attendance was up or down because of the cost of lead, gas, whatever is a concern yes, but your inferring that we would be the reason for the decline in shooters is just hoo haw! I talked to Harv yesterday at a well attended club shoot, and he did inform me that you were the one that always askded if the 5-stand was open during an ATA shoot. I suppose that you have a reason for that, why I don't even care. I'll give you the same offer that I gave you before. If you have an issue with the club it is pretty easy to contact me, and we will discuss the problem and if there is a problem solutions to the problem. However if you choose to hide behind a screen name that is nothing more then a few pixels on a screen that's ok too. I will not reveal to anyone who you really are if you so desire. Rick Gibbs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.