1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Downer Grove SC, Morris, IL Game shooters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Keith Uffelmann, Jul 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

The construction bottle neck on I-80, just west of I-55, has been completed. There is not any traffic hold up on your trip to the club. All barricades have been removed from the construction site.

Hope to see you at the club on Thursday and Friday night for the games. Scott will be gone for the next two weeks, but there will be someone else to run the games. Remember hearing and eye protection is a strict requirement.

2. Keith Uffelmann

Keith Uffelmann Member

3. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

Your club has lost alot more shooters to the "target riders" than to any road construction. Stop the few shooters that ride targets from doing it and the shooters will come back. Let it go on and continue to loose more shooters.

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Would that then mean that some game shooters don't like to play games when playing games? I know what you are saying, but it's kind of ironic if you think about it.

5. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

You need some type of rules in all shooting event. The object of the game is to break the targets that the other shooters miss, if people let there buddies ride and shoot at their targets too close to the ground for any one else to break it, that ruins the game for everybody else. It looks like the ring leader of the target riders got mad when asked to stop and has quit coming out. Glad to see him go hope he stays gone. Most clubs around wouldn't tolerate that B.S. I hope it's behind us

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Our Turkey Shoot is a "sliding" Annie. Those that shoot slow, aren't paying attention or purposely ride the targets, get their fair share of verbal abuse... almost as enjoyable as winning the bird! (lol)

regards to all,

Jay

7. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

The problem with it is there is no order, stand where ever you like. So a few guys will get together on the line and ride each other to the shoot off game after game. It's not unusual to shoot 25 or more games in a night and it gets old. Most game shooters around here wont say much they just wont come back. They were getting over 30 shooters and had over 40 a few times but after the ridding started they went down to 20 sometimes less. It's not about the money they're shooting $2 games so your talking around $40 a game to the winners it just gets old. It also costs the club money, they charge $13 per shooter for targets to cover the targets for the night the $2 is collected as shooters leave the line. So every guy that quits coming out cost them $13. Also the ridders are not members of the club. Do what you want at your place but when in Rome do as the Romans.

8. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Can anyone tell me if this is still going on? I talked with Scott about this about two weeks or so. I have noticed a lower # of shooters at night for the games. I need to know, yes or no? Rick Gibbs

9. winchesterm12

winchesterm12 TS Member

I think it's mostly over. The guy that was the ring leader so to speak got mad about being asked to stop and has quit coming out. There are a few others but I think for the most part they got the point and have mostly quit. Dan isn't a bad guy but if he wants to ride targets he can stay away. I'll be out of town for the next week or 2 but will be out shooting when I get back

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.