1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Down range wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ringneck, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ringneck

Ringneck TS Member

I am currently loading the following load, 1oz shot,17,0 red dot,DR DRA-12 (Red Wad) in a AA case: although all the data I've seen suggests this wad is equivalent to the 1oz WW wad. A physical comparison idicates that the DRA-12 is quite a bit shorter then the WW 1 oz wad. All of my loads are deeply dished with practically no wad pressure. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks for any help.

2. Hill topper

Hill topper Member

I am using the down range DRRT12 with 16.5 grns of Nitro 100 in a Rem STS loading 1 oz. with good results. The wad is dark green in color.

If you are loading the old AA cases this wad should work for you.
    Not sure of whether it will work with the new two piece cases that Win. has gone to.

I am sure that Kevin will come on here and be able to help you.

ed.

3. Mark Gadbois

Mark Gadbois Member

I use the Down Range Jammer XL-1 (purple) with Clays or 700X and AA or STS hulls. Look great and perform well.

4. Chugiakshooter

Chugiakshooter Member

The downrange figure 8 clone is the best by far!!! The orange color is a perfect match for the color of the birds,so if you maybe miss and maybe the trap boy sees the wad as a chip and scores a HIT that is the nickname for them is the chipfairys.

5. GFB

GFB TS Member

I also have been loading 1 oz shot and 17 grains of Red Dot and the 1 oz Downrange wad and have the same problem.

When I used 1 oz Clay Buster wads with the same hull (Gun Club) I dId not have this problem.

Jerry Burkhart

6. fishguts

fishguts Member

Use the Claybuster pink 1oz. wad....

Wayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.