1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DOWN RANGE PURPLE 1OZ WADS?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I want to order the Down Range 1 oz. Purple Windjammer Wad to replace the 1oz. Spolar Gold wad in AA and STS hulls. AA or STS hull/ 18.2 Red Dot/ 1 oz, #8's. How will they load? Fred

2. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

I'm not sure to replace the spolar wad, but that is one heck of a load. Depending on your primer, if its a federal, its a fairly hot load, but any other its a wonderful load. Great singles load all the way back to about the 22 or so.

3. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

fssberson,

You have a PM.

4. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

Fred I am on my 5th case of the purple jammers and I have loaded them with several different powders and the hull's you mentioned in a spolar loader and a PW and they work great!PJ

5. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

If you like the 8 petal windjammer type wad, you'll love these xl-1 jammers. They will load well, pattern well and you won't find plastic buildup in your barrel. Some guys like the 4 petals but I'm like you, I like the 8 petals. You won't be disappointed in them.

6. Bird Grinder

Bird Grinder Member

I use them for the first shot on doubles. They work great. I use a mec loader, for the 8 petal wad the mec works the best.

7. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

If you want to load some straight-walled hulls, (Federal, Estate, etc.) they work great for the 1 1/8 oz load. Think of them as a windjammer wad in a straight-wall throwaway. Petal heigth is the same as any 8-petal wad but the base is taller to take up the little space and the skirts are soft and deep for good seating and powder/power seal in any type hull. Works better than an S-3 and they will smoke a 27 yard target....merlyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.