Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

DOWN RANGE JAMMER XL1 WAD??

5K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Johnny 
#1 ·
Would like feed back from those that have used the Down Range Jammer XL1 wad. I will be using in STS/Nitro hulls. Thanks. Tim Hall

#6 ·
Great wad! My suggestion would be to go with a powder that drops a greater volume such as Clays, Red Dot, Promo for example. I like 700X and while the charge weight is good, the volume it fills is not. Titewad or group probably fit in that category of dropping a small volume.

Even at that the XL1 performs well with 700X, the crimp was just not to my liking even letting the crimp control the wad pressure. Clays solved that problem.

#7 ·
Tried it - I didnt find it to pattern any better then the neon-green DR 1 oz wad. And the neon-green wad is easier to load onto the reloader. One thing I did notice, when using it in a AA hull ... it did seem to allow for slightly more volume then the neon-green wad. So, for me, AA hull use is what I would only use it for. But, it has issue in the AA hull with "popping up" .

#12 ·
bluskyshooter , the "popping up" you mention is not abnormal or a problem. I use these wads in AA's and see it often. The wad is being squeezed down into the taper of the hull and it is springing back up to relieve the pressure. The final crimp will move the wad down to the proper position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.