1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dow - 500 points???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, Sep 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

it wont get better,im not gonna look and see what i lost. outa sight outa mind approach

Bill

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Tomorrow could even be worse.

3. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Our investments are up 5% over last year. Haven't checked today yet.

4. don q

don q TS Member

Don't ask don't tell, I'm not looking till it's over 12000 again. don q

5. tj303

tj303 Member

Don't worry, if you have any capital gains Obama and friends will take (tax) them away from you. Didn't you know it is evil to save and invest?

6. 5spd

5spd TS Member

I looked at mine....and whined, but I have to keep the faith for the long run which is what I am in for.

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Not one of us has lost a dime until we sell at a slump. When investing in anything you have to understand that you must live with the sad moments and enjoy the good ones. Take 1929 through today and look at the market history and you'll see that it has NEVER failed to return and improve. In just 18 years I've lived through a couple of sad moments and watched my compatriots complain that they "were losing" or "had lost" and I kept saying it's an opportunity to buy not a reason to sell short and run. My efforts now are the "third half" of my retirement and I can suck it up and not sell any for several months to improve my position. Don't sell and you don't lose; panic and you're sitting at the wrong desk. If it ever did disolve, we'd all be packing our shirts and walking to utopia anyway....breakemall....Bob Dodd

8. Bisi

Bisi TS Member

I think the down market and hurricane Ike is going to cost McCain the election. People will start receiving their 3rd quarter 401k, and brokerage account statements about the middle of October, 3 weeks before the election. They will be pi**ed. Electing Obama will only make it a lot worst, but they will go ahead and do it anyway.

Hurricane Ike. They are saying it will be a month before power is on in parts of Houston. I believe it, Houston is a huge town. The media is going to have a month to have fun and stir the sh*t. Who they going to blame? Bush, Governor Perry, and Republicans in general. If 1 white person gets his power on before all the minorities it will be because of racist Republicans.

On the bright side. If McCain does get elected I could see the Dow at 14,000 before the year's end. No income tax increase, no ss-medicare tax increase, no capitals gains increase, no wind fall profit tax, etc.....

Electing "Dumb as a rock Barack" would be putting gasoline on a fire in this economy.

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Europe uis in a recession and will have to lower interest rates. This will drive the dollar up.

Anyone who sold stock today is either an idiot or too highly margined anyway and deserved to lose their ass.

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

leadvail, If you're down that much it can't be the first time so you know it will come back and then some. I'm down about half that much because I moved my money into a fixed fund. It's time to buy again.